Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Did you finally get a printer? I remember you talking about getting a Ender 3? If you see something you like that I'm doing I can send you the file.

2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

No I haven’t gotten one yet. Want too but I recently transferred into the engineering department at work so I have access to a Lulzbot Taz6 when it’s not being used for other things.

AKNick likes this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Dang!!! That's not a cheap printer either! Sweet little perk there!

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Nice perk but its not a fun machine to run for smaller rc stuff. You can't use the small filaments, only the 3mm stuff. A buddy who has printed a lot of stuff for me has a AM8 and he can get way better detail on smaller parts than this thing can.

AKNick likes this.
  5. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

:too-cool:

hope all y'all are doing well!

6. Hey Brother Bart! Great to hear from you. What you been up too?

dhal22 likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Swapped out the motor and prop on my multiplex weekender last night. Stock 3 blade sucked and the motor was so low of a KV that to get what I wanted on 3S would have ended up with like a 15” prop that would have looked weird and probably had clearance issues. Now to find a new spinner for it 6B6BE34A-0280-4032-8841-534F2091BD8F.jpeg

pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  8. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

It's too cold to work outside on shed so I started stuffing the internals of a Taranis XD9 into a Futaba FG series case. Bought a box of old transmitters at an auction last week for $15.00. Gave a Kraft single stick to a a friend, keep two Futaba FG series and pitched the rest. Not as much room inside the case as one might expect. Need to eliminate most of the 2 mm JST connections of the boards to make it fit. There are seven 12 pin connections, what a mess. I had a FG transmitter many years ago and always liked the feel of it while they look rather odd. Throw back.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. Sounds like a fun project. Keep us posted.

10. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

If I could come across an old kraft radio I would do the same thing with it using my x9d since I just upgraded to the x9 lite.

pawnshopmike likes this.