• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

TonyHallo

150cc
There were three boxes of transmitters at the auction, pretty sure each box had at least one Kraft. There was little interest in many of them, Kraft were top of the line when I stared flying. Boy how things have changed!
I'll post some photos later.

TonyHallo

150cc
The Taranis gimbals fit into the case holes, a little filing was required to get them to sit flush. I had to file the trim tab slots wider to fit the trim buttons in. The battery level meter is calibrated to 8.4 volts and will be functional. The original power switch will be retained. My original plan was to use the original auxiliary channel sliders for the sliders on the Taranis however there was no room. The cover came from the second transmitter from the auction. The side sliders will be eliminated. I only use them for volume control any way.

IMG_2669.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
The screen has limited view from the rear access cover.
IMG_2674.JPG

The switches are located on the top of the transmitter. I will adjust the position once the wiring begins, longer paddles inside. The current layout is same as the Taranis, SA on the lower left side.

IMG_2670.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
This is the current layout of the circuit boards. The switches will be hard wired to the main board as the JST plugs are removed. The RF board will be hard wired with plugs on the main board side. The original charger board and the new LIPO balance charger boards are there as well. The LIPO's were rescued from a Dyson portable sweeper battery, they have 3000 MA capacity, the balance board went bad and they replaced the battery under warranty. The boards are mounted rear cover with insulated standoffs made from toilet seat bolts. Have colored hookup on order, let the rats nest begin!

IMG_2677.JPG

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
@Snoopy1 @pawnshopmike and all of my GSN buddies.... Been fighting health issues and unable to participate. Know all that I miss all of you and tinkering in the shop with you all. I will try and peek in time to time but for now I will abstain until a future time. Take care everyone and know I have loved all the conversations.

There'll be more! Hope you get better soon, we'll look forward to your return sir! Cheeseburgers with extra bacon, standing by.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Awesome work on the old Futaba FG Tony!

Glad to see you guys keeping the lights on here! Last you heard I was trying to get a ZDZ80 running, it's still dead but maybe tomorrow my luck will finally change. Have barely flown RC this year, going to try to get some time in at the field before the winter arrives.