• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Decided to up grade the Stick. The same one that I removed the original square rectangle wing and installed a set of SBACH 40% wings to the plane. Well now I am replacing the flat square stabilizer with a nice set new stabs with some shape and a bigger elevator.
Got the styrofoam cut and sheeted it with 1/16 balsa. Still got a lot to do but I believe it will make it at least look better and hopefully fly better.
D369FA5C-6910-4A87-814D-86EC62D791E1.jpeg

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess waxing my plane paid off. Had a guy come check out the 91” ARS and was just in awe. He was petting my plane LOL!!!!! Running his hand across the glossy cowl LOL. I’d say that’s a pretty good compliment regardless if I didn’t want him touching my plane. Oh well, some people just gotta touch everything!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
made a little progress on the new stabilizers got the end plates on and the servo mounting box built and into the wing and a small tunnel to the servo box for the servo wire.

1480802D-5835-4B27-80C8-631AAB7DB5A8.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Been looking for something for a while but it just seems silly to scratch build or buy a short kit. Checked out two and the price worked out to be almost twice the cost of an equivalent ARF. And one plane that I keep going back to is the new QQ 120 Mamba, just like the looks and it is Bi plane, which makes it a bit of a change. Wonder if @acerc has something to say about the 120 Mamba he is our own resident Biplane expert.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was looking through the Carolina Custom Kits list and I see they're using a picture of my Bridi UFO. There are a few companies selling that kit and at least two of them are using pictures of my airplane. I wonder if they would give me a discount on one for that. LOL.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I was looking through the Carolina Custom Kits list and I see they're using a picture of my Bridi UFO. There are a few companies selling that kit and at least two of them are using pictures of my airplane. I wonder if they would give me a discount on one for that. LOL.

dude that’s awesome! And yes! I would anyhow!

tried something new tonight. 6S lipo with one cell at 1.8v. Did a brief NICd charge and got the voltage up to balance charge and it worked!! My first time reviving a LiPo.

WMcNabb

150cc
Been looking for something for a while but it just seems silly to scratch build or buy a short kit. Checked out two and the price worked out to be almost twice the cost of an equivalent ARF. And one plane that I keep going back to is the new QQ 120 Mamba, just like the looks and it is Bi plane, which makes it a bit of a change. Wonder if @acerc has something to say about the 120 Mamba he is our own resident Biplane expert.

Beautiful aircraft!! I drooled all over one two weeks ago!

Attachments

• 17C5F6DE-CEF6-4DD1-87EB-43EA1EF5965B.jpeg
    17C5F6DE-CEF6-4DD1-87EB-43EA1EF5965B.jpeg
    586.4 KB · Views: 208
  • DE5CCE22-C292-4DFC-BAEB-640FF28EACAB.jpeg
    DE5CCE22-C292-4DFC-BAEB-640FF28EACAB.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 230