• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It will keep some of the weight ahead of the tube which "should" help with balance.

From your original post I thought you were worried about installing the tank behind the CG, two equal sized tanks mounted on each side of the CG solves this problem.
As far as sucking fuel there will not be any problem with the Walbro style carburetor. I have read a Walbro can suck gas vertically 3 feet however I have never tried this myself. This came from a reliable source

Thanks guys splitting the tanks makes sense did not think of that way will look into the setup and see how it all fits, thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well cut the bottom off a servo and made a small bracket inside the servo to hold the output shaft in place. This will be used for a choke mechanism to get the choke control from the back of the engine to the side of the fuselage.

53EF74AD-4B87-43FF-8125-2B9956EEBA02.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Decided to try something different after tearing off fresh Ultracote covering recently, so I cut up a few small pieces of aluminum to make a firewall.

Poor airplane had been sitting in the shop while home projects have been the priority. Have everything needed to finish, just need a few more hours. Hopefully done this week, and flying this weekend, if the weather cooperates.

Attachments

• 96342792-84F6-4767-9C92-6F3E8D254868.jpeg
    96342792-84F6-4767-9C92-6F3E8D254868.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 318
  • A8FDDF3A-D210-4673-8990-A9BB96351230.jpeg
    A8FDDF3A-D210-4673-8990-A9BB96351230.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well started into fitting the cowl around the GP38, will show some pictures once it is done . It has already been on and off to many times all that is fitted is the motor, now the muffler and the rest of the holes for tuning. All I can say there are two parts of this hobby I do not enjoy doing is fitting cowls and hinging.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a start on the Revolver. Got the engine mounted and it a 1/4 to long so ending up with 1/4 inch gap between the spinner and cowl. Hate that have to do something about that but not going to move the firewall back, done that to many times and it is quite a bit of work thinking on how I can fix this another way.
Have had a Revolver before and it was great plane to throw into the van and go for a quick flight. The plane is well built and sturdy, also good in the wind.
Yes I know the engine is a little over size but that is what I had on the bench spare and so that is what is going in. Not buying another glow I do like them but the fuel is getting hard to get and expensive, will use up what I have and slowly move all the smaller stuff into electrics.

10604096-60A1-43CA-A8F6-36684D8BF847.jpeg