• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The paint I like to use is the RUST-OLEUM Painters touch 2X Ultra cover Paint and Primer. it is ready available at ACE, MENARDS, LOWES and Wall Mart When it is on sale I buy up 10 to 15 12 oz. cans at $3.29 a can Just make sure you keep the can at least 12 or more inches away for the first light coat and the foam is clean. I have used it on all my foam planes

View attachment 116813
Can you do me a favour. Looking through your pictures I see a orange rattle can on your work bench. How close is that orange to Ultracote orange.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Can you do me a favour. Looking through your pictures I see a orange rattle can on your work bench. How close is that orange to Ultracote orange.
Snoopy 1 I will have to dig through my Ultracote and see if I even have any Orange. I have not Covered a Plane for Years LOL!!!! I do know the Gloss Real Orange is a perfect match for the Orange on My E-flite 1.5mm E-1500 twin Cargo plane, if that is any help. After checking my Big box of covering I do not have any Orange Ultracote

Last edited:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I started the Assembly on the 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair. Love all the Scale details and the Scale looking hinges om all surfaces I am going to do the weathering on this one The 18 inch prop is awesome and they give you one extra Blade
U41.jpg U42.jpg U43.jpg U44.jpg U45.jpg U47.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
NEXT E-flite P-39 Airacobra assembly. Also uploaded the programming using my IX20 grab the file and imported it Cool feature. Only took 1 hour to assemble and program I just used my Transmitter to program. I uploaded the programming and bound the plane. much quicker then rolling hear and rolling there to set it up

P-39.jpg

Last edited:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Wow you put together several planes in the time it takes me to cover one fuselage. Let’s face it the old rule counts the guy that dies with the most toys wins.
Snoopy1 Years ago i did enjoy building and covering planes. I still have a Sig 1/4 Scale cub I built in 1990 I used Sig Cover-All and dope. On many planes.The 30 year old cub is still in my Hangar has an OS Gemini Twin 160 with an on board starter and on board glow. The Struts are aluminum assembled from a Byrons Strut kit.The Cub drew a crowd ever where I took it. I also won an Award at one of Sigs fly ins in Montezuma Iowa back in the day. Now I just like to Fly Fly Fly. I do like to repaint and do weathering on them though LOL!!!
Zcub.jpg

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
Mocked up the spinner on the Python.
Thought all the modifications were completed, but just couldn’t help myself.
This thing is huge, but fits just fine with the big round cowling.
So now the 4” and the 4.5” spinners will be going into the classified ads, along with the three bladed prop.

CFD2C6B0-51B6-4D60-B87C-02A6D09BA62B.jpeg

Attachments

• B8730B21-59E3-4071-A4B5-99F75873EB87.jpeg
    B8730B21-59E3-4071-A4B5-99F75873EB87.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 6B0693B7-8FFD-464E-9D7D-A968343F88A5.jpeg
    6B0693B7-8FFD-464E-9D7D-A968343F88A5.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 67B30893-64AC-481D-984C-87AC01E68658.jpeg
    67B30893-64AC-481D-984C-87AC01E68658.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 9F28336F-60AB-4738-BD03-15303F76D6A0.jpeg
    9F28336F-60AB-4738-BD03-15303F76D6A0.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 169

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello Gents! It has been a long time, over a year and a long year at that since I was on here (I think). After my last post I just, more or less, lost all interest in r/c altogether.
I spent the last year recovering and regrouping from the previous couple of years. Over the past year I have built a small farm, a couple of small gardens along with a greenhouse, nineteen chickens, six ducks, two turkeys, and four goats. The elongated hole from hell down the pasture has mostly been filled in.
And then sometime over the last week I got the itch. My shop had been taken over with gardening and animal products so first up was to clean it out. Then the toy trailer being packed wall to wall needed the same clearing and cleaning. The AMA and club dues were paid last week as well as renewing with the FAA, as of right this minute everything is done and ready for r/c..
So tonight I got the Hemple 1/4 scale Cub charged and ready for a trip to the airfield tomorrow.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello Gents! It has been a long time, over a year and a long year at that since I was on here (I think). After my last post I just, more or less, lost all interest in r/c altogether.
I spent the last year recovering and regrouping from the previous couple of years. Over the past year I have built a small farm, a couple of small gardens along with a greenhouse, nineteen chickens, six ducks, two turkeys, and four goats. The elongated hole from hell down the pasture has mostly been filled in.
And then sometime over the last week I got the itch. My shop had been taken over with gardening and animal products so first up was to clean it out. Then the toy trailer being packed wall to wall needed the same clearing and cleaning. The AMA and club dues were paid last week as well as renewing with the FAA, as of right this minute everything is done and ready for r/c..
So tonight I got the Hemple 1/4 scale Cub charged and ready for a trip to the airfield tomorrow.

Hi there great to have you back. Just needed time to recharge your batteries.