• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

WMcNabb

150cc
Hello Gents! It has been a long time, over a year and a long year at that since I was on here (I think). After my last post I just, more or less, lost all interest in r/c altogether.
I spent the last year recovering and regrouping from the previous couple of years. Over the past year I have built a small farm, a couple of small gardens along with a greenhouse, nineteen chickens, six ducks, two turkeys, and four goats. The elongated hole from hell down the pasture has mostly been filled in.
And then sometime over the last week I got the itch. My shop had been taken over with gardening and animal products so first up was to clean it out. Then the toy trailer being packed wall to wall needed the same clearing and cleaning. The AMA and club dues were paid last week as well as renewing with the FAA, as of right this minute everything is done and ready for r/c..
So tonight I got the Hemple 1/4 scale Cub charged and ready for a trip to the airfield tomorrow.

Good to see you back here on GSN!
Sounds like you’ve been slightly busy for the last little while.
Have fun flying tomorrow!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hello Gents! It has been a long time, over a year and a long year at that since I was on here (I think). After my last post I just, more or less, lost all interest in r/c altogether.
I spent the last year recovering and regrouping from the previous couple of years. Over the past year I have built a small farm, a couple of small gardens along with a greenhouse, nineteen chickens, six ducks, two turkeys, and four goats. The elongated hole from hell down the pasture has mostly been filled in.
And then sometime over the last week I got the itch. My shop had been taken over with gardening and animal products so first up was to clean it out. Then the toy trailer being packed wall to wall needed the same clearing and cleaning. The AMA and club dues were paid last week as well as renewing with the FAA, as of right this minute everything is done and ready for r/c..
So tonight I got the Hemple 1/4 scale Cub charged and ready for a trip to the airfield tomorrow.
:fist_pump:
Welcome back brother!
:woohoo!:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome back! Got a full blown farm going on there. Little breaks are good from time to time. It rekindles the passion sometimes.

I cleaned my workspace up... which is helping me scratch the itch to finish projects!

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I just finished up the receiver installation and programming the F4U-1A/D Corsair still waiting for all the graphics from Callie. I found the .STL 3D printer files for some of the parts I want to add in the Corsair on Motion RC's site. Finished the 3D printed instrument panel about 15 minutes ago and started on the gun site, it is printing now as I am typing this. Here is a photo of the inst. panel I just did on my 3D printer

Inst..jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I just finished adding a tail wheel in the rudder of one of my 2.1m E-flite Carbon Z Cessna 150's and a mount for one of my GO-Pro camera's on the bottom of the fuselage to get a Video of doing Soft Field take offs and Main gear landings (wheelie landings) with out touching the nose gear I am always doing such things to improve my landings LOL!!!!! and it is just a blast to do.

Z camera.jpg Ztail.jpg

BalsaDust

I just finished up the receiver installation and programming the F4U-1A/D Corsair still waiting for all the graphics from Callie. I found the .STL 3D printer files for some of the parts I want to add in the Corsair on Motion RC's site. Finished the 3D printed instrument panel about 15 minutes ago and started on the gun site, it is printing now as I am typing this. Here is a photo of the inst. panel I just did on my 3D printer

View attachment 116913.

Nice, What printer do you have?

WMcNabb

150cc
Lowered the Python down from the rafters, drilled the spinner backplate and torqued the propeller bolts.
Then stuck the wings on, spent some time programming the “Crow” function with the transmitter, adjusting surface throws with the PowerBox, and finalizing the throttle linkage.
The sun was setting so I rolled the airplane outside for a couple of shots.
OK, now maybe I’m done with modifications. But I’ve said that one before...

F4AC998A-EF17-4892-9DD6-9BCBA1E5DA9F.jpeg

Attachments

• 91355F94-403D-4F0D-B16E-F6C9362A8E6E.jpeg
    91355F94-403D-4F0D-B16E-F6C9362A8E6E.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 201
  • 75184CBD-1A2C-4A4C-9725-29057190D36F.jpeg
    75184CBD-1A2C-4A4C-9725-29057190D36F.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: