• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 40913
The kadet went back on the workbench last night. Hope over the next week and a half to finish the repairs and have it ready to fly again. This thing is actually a pretty cool plane and want to build one for myself. I will be bashing the heck out of it if I do though. Let's see these things sound like fun. Increase the size of the control surfaces, remove the dihedral, barn door ailerons, flaps, bush tires, and DLE 20 for power.

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Well I'm supposed to be working on a kadet but I got distracted by this piece of metal that showed up today. Seems to fit the front of the Sukhoi well.

emtp275

100cc
I have not had a lot of time to mess with the 89 repair due to that crappy work thing but I have the old motor box out and the new is dry assembled and ready to go in this to me is a lot of progress seeing that I have spent maybe an hour and 45min total time working on the plane. Should have her finished and waiting a cowl by Sunday.
image1(3).JPG image2(2).JPG

I have not had a lot of time to mess with the 89 repair due to that crappy work thing but I have the old motor box out and the new is dry assembled and ready to go in this to me is a lot of progress seeing that I have spent maybe an hour and 45min total time working on the plane. Should have her finished and waiting a cowl by Sunday.
View attachment 40989 View attachment 40990
Looking good Justin. Know you have been missing "that girl" at the field!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got the boat all into order tonight. Went through and cleaned up all of the tools and other misc. items, organized all into a neat waterproof toolbox. Got all of the onboard sporting equipment (tow rope, orange flags, etc.) tidied up and back into its proper location too. Looking into getting the carpeting shampoo'd and fitting auxiliary lighting inside for the final touches.

Quite liking this thing sofar..

1898172_10200951473385044_943592268523693725_n.jpg

11904658_10200881521596293_5406899814930878131_n.jpg

(yes we know the Bimini is on wrong here)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the boat all into order tonight. Went through and cleaned up all of the tools and other misc. items, organized all into a neat waterproof toolbox. Got all of the onboard sporting equipment (tow rope, orange flags, etc.) tidied up and back into its proper location too. Looking into getting the carpeting shampoo'd and fitting auxiliary lighting inside for the final touches.

Quite liking this thing sofar..

View attachment 41113
View attachment 41114
(yes we know the Bimini is on wrong here)

Looks like your all set for a float fly in:D.