• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Hi @ericrs well got the problem resolved worked out the extra cowl that needed to be tightened up. Need a 0.0045 inch shim cut one warped it around the cowl ring and everything was tight. Glued it all up will see in a few hours how it all came out.
Awesome!! glad you got the problem solved :fist_pump:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Back on Black Friday I bought a couple FT Simple Storch Quick Build Kits because: A...They are cool. And B...they were on sale! After watching @Ryan Mowery fly his slow flyer at efest, it has me motivated to get started on this build.

Not a lot of progress tonight. Just a lot of prep work like popping out all the pieces and readying some of the A and B folds.

One of the coolest things about the quick build kits is the fact that the pieces are marked A fold or B fold. And it has a little diagram in case you forget which is which.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Back on Black Friday I bought a couple FT Simple Storch Quick Build Kits because: A...They are cool. And B...they were on sale! After watching @Ryan Mowery fly his slow flyer at efest, it has me motivated to get started on this build.

Not a lot of progress tonight. Just a lot of prep work like popping out all the pieces and readying some of the A and B folds.

One of the coolest things about the quick build kits is the fact that the pieces are marked A fold or B fold. And it has a little diagram in case you forget which is which.

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
Mike, for some reason your pictures aren't showing up for me.

BalsaDust

Flite test planes are stupid easy to build and they do their best to make sure anybody can do it.

Now for me I'm sitting here covering the fuse of this edge 540. Still feels wierd covering a fattie. I have gotten used to doing profiles and being able to get one covered in 3-4 hours whereas this plane I bet I will have 15-20 hours in just covering it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I don't know why........but I love staring at that peg board wall.........It's mesmerizing........full of little goodies.........soft white color to contrast those neat goodies all nice and organized. I'm sick I tell ya just sick:confused:. BTW Mike did I tell ya I like your wall???

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I don't know why........but I love staring at that peg board wall.........It's mesmerizing........full of little goodies.........soft white color to contrast those neat goodies all nice and organized. I'm sick I tell ya just sick:confused:. BTW Mike did I tell ya I like your wall???
Thanks Kelly. I love me some white pegboard. I use it at work and home both. It really makes the products pop. Plus it really helps light up the space. @Decal Dennis and I hung 28 sheets of it when we were building out my new hangar.

image.jpg
image.jpg