• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I put the final coat on the canopy and cowl halves . Couldn't resist setting the pilot in it. It's about time to start stripping the current flyer and installing in this one.But first I'm going to clean up the shop and make room. I have crap thrown everywhere and being only a 20' X 20' shop it's going to get crowded with two 40% in here.

20160229_194052.jpg
20160229_200530.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I put the final coat on the canopy and cowl halves . Couldn't resist setting the pilot in it. It's about time to start stripping the current flyer and installing in this one.But first I'm going to clean up the shop and make room. I have crap thrown everywhere and being only a 20' X 20' shop it's going to get crowded with two 40% in here.

View attachment 51804 View attachment 51805
Very very nice Robert. That is really sweet..... Just sayin'!!
praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 51804 View attachment 51805
Looks great!

Robotech

70cc twin V2
SHARP!! Let's see a glamour shot with the wings installed!
That will be coming shortly. I'm using the CF gear off the other one and it will be one of the first things installed. Got to get it off it's belly and on it's feet. I got the shop cleaned up and made room for the other one. I also "shoe glued" in the pilot and dash panel and pin striped the wheel pants between work related stuff.

20160301_142302.jpg
20160301_142311.jpg
20160301_142320.jpg

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Well :mad:

I was moving one of the elevator halves and the servo locked. Hard. It finally freed up but now there is a little kink in it when you move it by hand. Off to Tower and I ordered a new gear set. No way I'm taking a chance of a servo locking up.

I took the motor and pipes out. Lately I've been getting some fuel spray coming from the back of the cowl. There is fuel puddled all around the carb gasket. Called DA and talked to Colton. Heck of a nice guy. I have all the reed cage gaskets and a carb gasket coming as well as a set of reeds.

All in all it took me 3 hours to strip the plane. I can take my time on the install while I wait on the orders to come in.

20160301_174350.jpg