• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now my CHEAP HK plane looks more like those CHEAP HK pictures :woohoo!:.
0323161922-00.jpg 0323161923-00.jpg 0323161923-01.jpg 0323161924-00.jpg 0323161924-01.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now that my cheap plane looks decent (flies great BTW!) I removed the Aura 8 and will install the K2 board. It has already been flashed with a 1 or 2 aileron "aero" mode for small electric airplanes. Of course any multi rotor configuration Including single rotor and twin rotor helis is in it too. I know how smooth this plane already flies and know how the QQ 300 flies so it should be fun seeing what this board will do for the little bigger and heavier Sbach.

0323162148-00.jpg
0323162149-00.jpg

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got the stab and control surfaces built yesterday. I have always fought trying to have nice even gaps on my counter balances. Finally realized how dumb I have been about it all these years. Built the stab first then just used some 1/16" scraps to build against for a nice even gap.

Then while I had these plans laid out I went ahead and built the second fuse. As soon as I get a second set of control surfaces built I will roll out the wing plans.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the bottom belly pan on and the rudder. It is now starting to look like a plane.
1 shows the rudder done.
2 changed the rear of the belly pan and added a louvres to extract air, done this before and works really well.
3 at the landing gear did not close the gear in, in front. Left it open and added some aero-foiled aluminum tubing in the gap for support. Hope with being in negative pressure area it help pull out hot air from the engine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 199