• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

flycanic

70cc twin V2
So many projects and not enough time. I just took on another project for one of our club members who had a mishap with his CG Tiger2. Fuse almost broke into vertical fin came loose Wing bolt blocks broken out of fuse. Wing OK. Almost finished the Fuse repair today and vertical fin glued and curing over night. Need to make new wing blocks, drill and tap tomorrow. Recover fuse, then put all the radio gear, engine and steering wheel assembly in to finish.

IMG_3890.JPG IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3892.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3895.JPG IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.JPG IMG_3905.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Since we have family coming into town tomorrow I had to clean up the family room. Normally I would put the airplanes out in the garage, but this time I decided heck with that. They can just stay out of the family room. Here is what it looked like before I straightened it up a little.

20150407_201735.jpg

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Every room in my house looks somewhat like your family room Jetpainter. Just started on another project for a friend in our club. Had to pull both engines to rebuild them. There are a lot of other things that need to be done to get this one going
IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3909.JPG IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3912.JPG IMG_3913.JPG IMG_3916.JPG IMG_3918.JPG IMG_3919.JPG

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
So many projects and not enough time. I just took on another project for one of our club members who had a mishap with his CG Tiger2. Fuse almost broke into vertical fin came loose Wing bolt blocks broken out of fuse. Wing OK. Almost finished the Fuse repair today and vertical fin glued and curing over night. Need to make new wing blocks, drill and tap tomorrow. Recover fuse, then put all the radio gear, engine and steering wheel assembly in to finish.

View attachment 16442 View attachment 16443 View attachment 16444 View attachment 16445 View attachment 16446 View attachment 16447 View attachment 16448 View attachment 16449 View attachment 16450 View attachment 16451
This plane brings back some good memories, paid it forward to a young member after I was done with her. I think my bud, @combat chicken may still have one of these. Funny this was the plane I was flying when a friend ask me how much expo I had in it, and I said what's expo? He said land it, he put in bout 30% expo in my 8103, and said go, ol Chikenballs was not so shaky after that.