• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Well not done last night but done this morning after work. Picked this up from a buddy for cheap. Gonna get into FPV with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 262

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Worked on my Grasshopper some more today. Had my first real challenge of the build so far. Landing gear had to be hand bent out of wire. Then tied together with spiderwire. Also had to hand shape the false spars on the top front of the cabin. Took my time and I think both came out well enough.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
yup sanding blocks and protox controller handle will be headed your way sometime this week. wasn't quite ready for the mail when I went to the PO the other day.
I put those sanding blocks to use today. They work great.:way_to_go:

Worked on my Grasshopper this weekend. Got all my tail feathers built and got started on the wing. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. Didn't have my iPad out in the shop today and I was to lazy to go get it.:big-grin:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Moving right along on the Grasshopper. Was going fairly quick and easy till I got to the wing. Actually have to stop and think about it! I'm sure the fact that its National Beer Day isn't much help.:cheers: Although a little better instructions and better labeling of parts would help a bit. Here's a couple pics of the progress thus far.
image.jpg
image.jpg