• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Speaking as a guy that just pulled a 24000 btu unit out of the wall to clean it I can tell you it sure felt like 2 tons to me, and I had the supposed light side.:lol2: All I could think when we were putting it back in the wall was I'm getting too old for this.

I feel your pain. Those large window A/C's are back killers. :very_angry:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I took my GP61 powered Carf Extra to my shop yesterday to tune on it a little since I just went through the carb. I started with the needles at 1 1/2 for both high and low. By the time I was done I was right back where I started before going through the carb at 2 3/8 on the low and a little over one on the high. It seems to run pretty well, but I'll find out when I get to fly it.

One issue I had yesterday is the restarts when it's hot are pretty miserable, but at least the carb isn't leaking anymore.;)

20160605_143747_resized.jpg

garlandk

100cc
I would LOVE to put one of those units in, but sadly I am renting and they did not approve for one of those. They did however approve for a new window and window unit....Yea dumb..... For the price I am paying for the window and the ac I could have had one of those.

My parents put those in their house in the bedrooms that didn't get cooled enough for the regular AC and you can almost ditch the normal AC unit having those in the house..... I love them.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I took my GP61 powered Carf Extra to my shop yesterday to tune on it a little since I just went through the carb. I started with the needles at 1 1/2 for both high and low. By the time I was done I was right back where I started before going through the carb at 2 3/8 on the low and a little over one on the high. It seems to run pretty well, but I'll find out when I get to fly it.

One issue I had yesterday is the restarts when it's hot are pretty miserable, but at least the carb isn't leaking anymore.;)

View attachment 82123

Hi @Jetpainter looking at the plane you have a 61 mounted at 90 degrees. Often though of doing that but never did. Did you any difficulty balance side to side. And cowl clearance. Use to do that with all my glow four strokes they ran much better. Why did you do it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
Well it has been bad weather for the last week got all my maintenance done and the ViperSt was just steering at me, so I decided to glue the canopy on, not a job I enjoy doing. If the weather continues like this the next thing to do is to do the final fit of the cowl with the engine just received the muffler from JTec.