• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, BME yak from PAU huckfest. I won it then sold it pretty much right away. Clean flyer but not good for 3D. I sold it empty fuse not sure of its history after that.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Not good for 3D? That's your Opinion, and you know what there like every body has one, LOL!!! There are a lot of guys that are just starting out that would buy this Yak at THE RIGHT PRICE. for their first larger plane when set up correctly

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Tonight I finished up the main wing and the ailerons on my Grasshopper. Major construction is complete. Now for the hard part!

Over all I am very impressed with this kit. I can see myself buying some more kits from Mountain Models in the future. My only gripe is with the instructions and labeling of the parts. Fit and finish was spot on.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not good for 3D? That's your Opinion, and you know what there like every body has one, LOL!!! There are a lot of guys that are just starting out that would buy this Yak at THE RIGHT PRICE. for their first larger plane when set up correctly
I flew mine up until I left Hawaii - I sold it before leaving. I enjoyed flying it.
If this is Terry's raffle prize won at Wenatchee, it was the ARC version, 85" wing span.
Mine was the ARF version II, 87" wing span.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I helped my Grand son build a CO2 car for school over the weekend. A 5th grade project for Boys Club. Monday at school his car won coolest car, and today where they held the races. His car won his race, and was chosen peoples choice and most Unusual Car. Afterwards he was asked if he would build another to put on display at the Boys club Star Base Gallery. So I guess Kasey and I will be building another Killer Whale CO2 Racer. I am a very proud Grand dad and the Smile on his face when he stop by to tell me was PRICELESS !!!
IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3934.JPG IMG_3937.JPG IMG_3939.JPG IMG_3940.JPG IMG_3942.JPG IMG_3943.JPG

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I helped my Grand son build a CO2 car for school over the weekend. A 5th grade project for Boys Club. Monday at school his car won coolest car, and today where they held the races. His car won his race, and was chosen peoples choice and most Unusual Car. Afterwards he was asked if he would build another to put on display at the Boys club Star Base Gallery. So I guess Kasey and I will be building another Killer Whale CO2 Racer. I am a very proud Grand dad and the Smile on his face when he stop by to tell me was PRICELESS !!!
View attachment 17311 View attachment 17312 View attachment 17313 View attachment 17314 View attachment 17315 View attachment 17316 View attachment 17317
Good times! That's one cool car.:way_to_go: