• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

I put smoke in my PAU Su-26. used a 20oz waterbottle to save some weight. It still adds quite a bit of weight. Plane still flies great on the 3W55CS I have in it..

Does it still have good pull out of a hover? I have gotten used to the power I have on my small 40 size profiles running piped 46-55ax motors.

sweetpea

100cc
It had less pull than what I saw with guys flying it on a DA50 with no smoke. It will pull it out though.

I also use 4 2400 LION batts (2 rx, 1 smoke, 1 ignition), the Sullivan Smoke Pump and a Dubro tank and the older gear. So there is room to remove some weight on my bird still. Also remember this plane is not the typical 50cc size. Its a little larger.

BalsaDust

It had less pull than what I saw with guys flying it on a DA50 with no smoke. It will pull it out though.

I also use 4 2400 LION batts (2 rx, 1 smoke, 1 ignition), the Sullivan Smoke Pump and a Dubro tank and the older gear. So there is room to remove some weight on my bird still. Also remember this plane is not the typical 50cc size. Its a little larger.

Gotcha. Yeah my setup is as follows.
DLE 55 with jtech Pitts style muffler.
Xoar 23x8 prop
3-1/2 aluminum spinner
Futaba 8 channel reciever.
Dual 2500mAh 2S life packs
BoomaRC pin switch with battery share
Rexcel ignition kill
Savox 1230 on elevator with smart fly equalizer on them
Savox 1231 on ailerons
Power HD LF-20 on rudder (will be replaced with another savox once I can afford it)
Power HD LF-13 on throttle
MPI aluminum arms on all servos
Swapped stock main wheels for some aluminum hub ones I had that are a little larger.
20oz fuel tank from redwing rc. Can't remember the brand.

Be nice if my weight comes in the high 16 to low 17 lb range.

sweetpea

100cc
I want to say mine was 18lbs.....but I can't remember if I actually weighed it. I hardly do that....usually I just fly unless something feels wrong in flight than I will trouble shoot, including weighing.

sweetpea

100cc
Putting the ultimate back together! Got my engines back from AI and this one runs great! New hall, hub, gaskets, carb kit. Couple loose mounts with glue drying. It'll be ready later tonight
IMG_20160805_183721633.jpg

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Installed two savox 1231's on the ailerons of the Sukhoi this morning before work. Prolly all that will get done for a week or so but I will be back on it.

Reactions: JAG

yakken

100cc
View attachment 85008

Installed two savox 1231's on the ailerons of the Sukhoi this morning before work. Prolly all that will get done for a week or so but I will be back on it.
keep an eye on where the rod threads into the aluminum ball link. the links stripped out on my brothers after about 50 flights. put the dubros on and no problems after that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

Will do thanks bud. I know I was thinking of doing the dubro ball links like terryscustom had showed in one of his videos but purchasing the savox servos depleted my budget for a while.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Gotcha. Yeah my setup is as follows.
DLE 55 with jtech Pitts style muffler.
Xoar 23x8 prop
3-1/2 aluminum spinner
Futaba 8 channel reciever.
Dual 2500mAh 2S life packs
BoomaRC pin switch with battery share
Rexcel ignition kill
Savox 1230 on elevator with smart fly equalizer on them
Savox 1231 on ailerons
Power HD LF-20 on rudder (will be replaced with another savox once I can afford it)
Power HD LF-13 on throttle
MPI aluminum arms on all servos
Swapped stock main wheels for some aluminum hub ones I had that are a little larger.
20oz fuel tank from redwing rc. Can't remember the brand.

Be nice if my weight comes in the high 16 to low 17 lb range.

DLE 55 with a stock muffler and 23x8 will pull 16.5 to 17.5 pounds out of a hover with authority but not ballistic.
I had one (DLE 55) on a YAK 54 (Korean made off brand) that weighed 19 pounds and it was like pulling a log up. Put a pro flow on it and it pulled the log up with authority.