• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Thanks. Not sure if the jtech Pitts muffler makes any more power over the stock on or not. I know my Carden cap is right at 18 lbs and it had decent pull. I know I won't get the power I get from my nitro planes but that's because my slabs are built ultra light.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I ran a pitts (Slimline) for a bit and made no more power than the stock muff. The cost of a pro flow is high but you can get a nice China can for half the cost and it does the same thing. Really helps smooth the air flow through the engine and cleans up a muddy midrange so you can get a really nice tune on it. Pitts was a bit more quiet than stock muffler and power and midrange good but holding a precise tune is a bit hard to achieve.

BalsaDust

Gotcha thanks. I may look into a can setup at some point. You got any links to the cheaper setup. Might be a cheeseburger in it for you.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Gotcha thanks. I may look into a can setup at some point. You got any links to the cheaper setup. Might be a cheeseburger in it for you.

I Just signed on but got to go take care of sumtin.......Look At HK. @stangflyer might have his for sale if he still has it. Will post a link a bit later bro.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I looked at HK a few hours ago. Headers anywhere from $18 to about $40 and a can for like $60

Yep! The 18 buck header has been on my Edge almost 6 years.

Canister.jpg
Header.jpg
Snapshot_20150522_1.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Cut a hole for the ZDZ carb in the 45% tonight. Engine bolted right in after that.

20160808_180730.jpg

20160808_183501.jpg

20160808_183446.jpg

Discovered quickly that I will need to get longer bolts because I need to space the engine out 1 more RCH to clear the cowl comfortably, plus I will need to fit some washers behind the firewall.

Thinking I need to brace the old muffler cutout in the firewall too. This thing is gonna have a lot of power... :oblong: