• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer have been on the snow with your snow machine jet it looked ready. Mine is ready but all the snow is gone and it keeps on raining. Looks awhile before I get to test mine out. Hope to be posting in the going to the flying field Soon..
Got it out today. All I can say is, I had a terrific time. The weather really wasn't too bad. Actually had periods of warm sunshine popping through the clouds. The snow was absolutely perfect when we arrived. Wind was up and down from 0 to around 5-6. Touch and go's on the snow are so awesome....hee hee. I felt so much at peace today. My friend asked me, "Do you know what I really like about flying"? I said, "no...what?" He said...."EVERYTHING". LOL.. Well yes, I have to agree.

The trainer did really well. The RCGF 10cc is a pretty good little motor and seems to be breaking in pretty well. But I will be honest and say that it is just a bit weak for that heavy tank of a trainer I have it mounted to. If I didn't have lights on it, if I didn't have a big enough battery to run both the radio and the ignition, I think it would be ok. But given the fact that .60 size trainer weighs in at about 8.5 pounds with fuel on board, it flies good but just way not over powered. I may upgrade the 10cc to a 15cc. We'll see....I may add back in my flaperon mixing so I can get some "reeeeeeally" slow down low touch and go's. LOL

Need some advice started building an Inversa33 this morning. Should I just show the progress in this locating or make a separate Inversa33 thread. It is not a big plane and a pretty simple ARF build. And I take my time to build and if it is not done by May it will stoped and completed next fall. I am wondering if there is sufficient interest. Thanks guys.

ARF or not, I say do a devoted thread on it. A friend of mine did up one of the Inversa 33's a year or so ago. It flies pretty nice. When I maidened it for him, I was actually pretty impressed. But then a DLE 35 is a pretty tough motor to beat for the size and the price.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got it out today. All I can say is, I had a terrific time. The weather really wasn't too bad. Actually had periods of warm sunshine popping through the clouds. The snow was absolutely perfect when we arrived. Wind was up and down from 0 to around 5-6. Touch and go's on the snow are so awesome....hee hee. I felt so much at peace today. My friend asked me, "Do you know what I really like about flying"? I said, "no...what?" He said...."EVERYTHING". LOL.. Well yes, I have to agree.

The trainer did really well. The RCGF 10cc is a pretty good little motor and seems to be breaking in pretty well. But I will be honest and say that it is just a bit weak for that heavy tank of a trainer I have it mounted to. If I didn't have lights on it, if I didn't have a big enough battery to run both the radio and the ignition, I think it would be ok. But given the fact that .60 size trainer weighs in at about 8.5 pounds with fuel on board, it flies good but just way not over powered. I may upgrade the 10cc to a 15cc. We'll see....I may add back in my flaperon mixing so I can get some "reeeeeeally" slow down low touch and go's. LOL

ARF or not, I say do a devoted thread on it. A friend of mine did up one of the Inversa 33's a year or so ago. It flies pretty nice. When I maidened it for him, I was actually pretty impressed. But then a DLE 35 is a pretty tough motor to beat for the size and the price.

If may suggest keep the plane simply and high wing and easy to fly. Like you found out touch and goes are lot of fun. And you can land anywhere and any direction, I just cannot wait to get my plane on the snow right now.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Almost forgot to warn you if you have a modern radio and I believe you do. Be very careful with your liquid screen on the radio. I remember when I has flying years back one the guys had a liquid screen on his radio and he has banging away on it in the cold and ruined it. I must say when that happened it was extremely cold. It was so cold that the screen was not working as it should and he just kept hitting it. We found that when it is cold enough the screen goes funny but if you just leave it alone it is fine.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I finally had some time to get the motor box glued into the Aerobeez Extra, a new cowl also arrived on Friday so we're just about ready to go :)

20170122_115819.jpg

(You can see my "Hitec" clamp system- 4 servo boxes and some plywood shims to press the box into place against the old motor box)

FB_IMG_1485188110383.jpg

We're on the home stretch now, just need to get servos fitted, tank fitted, and procure a new propeller and spinner :epic:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If you buy a new spinner look it the new Falcon carbon spinner. Looking at them at JoeNall they looked good and it had carbon spinner with an aluminum backplate. And the price was reasonable. Tel what you think of them do not a spinner right now but in future I would look at getting one.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I actually prefer the center bolt design spinners, I just don't feel comfortable using an assortment of small screws to secure the spinner.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually prefer the center bolt design spinners, I just don't feel comfortable using an assortment of small screws to secure the spinner.
I bought a nice 5" center bolt carbon fiber spinner with a lightened aluminum back plate from Extreme Flight. I think that was the only size offered, but I could be wrong.