• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Tonight I didn't work in the workshop... it was in the trailer cause I didn't take the ARS out of it. I moved the batteries back to the rudder servo tray. To do that, I needed to make extension wires. I also needed to reroute my elevator servo wires to place the batteries properly. Lastly, I needed to tighten the rudder cables. That really wasn't a big chore at all. I just unscrewed them from the servo arms and did 2 turns on each side and then loctited and screwed them back in. Viola! She is ready for day 2 of flying (hopefully tomorrow!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Gave the extra "remains" a decent burial. "Rest in pieces". Got everything somewhat organized for what's turning out to be three projects.

And no. It's not all for me but I wish it was :yesss:.

. 0904170027-00.jpg 0904170042-00.jpg 0904170044-00.jpg 0904170044-01.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
As usual very windy and quiet cold so back into the workshop. Cut the Pro260 and added 4 inch spacer to make tail more heavy, had a over 3 oz of lead in the tail and that bugged me so that is why I cut the fuselage in half and added the spacer. Hopefully this does the trick. Just get some carbon black covering and it will be done.
To connect the two halves use two 3/8 square bass wood spares 18 inches long and one 10mm diameter aluminum arrow shaft that should hold the two halves together.

IMG_1757.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok got the covering done and the wheels back on. Checking the motor mount the wood was showing some depression so I added some carbon fibre strips to fix it up, hopefully this will prevent the the bolt from digging in and keep the the motor secure.
IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been planning out my next scratch build project and really wanted to do a biplane, but I've come to the conclusion that the field assembly is more than I want to do in this stage of my life. So, I've been working on a new monoplane plan. I have another DA50 so it will be 30% sized. This time I'm planning to use a Pitts style muffler to save weight and make the balance easier. I'm pretty happy with the general outline and I've started drawing the structure in Turbocad.

Screenshot_2017-09-06-00-30-54-1.png
Screenshot_2017-09-06-00-31-08-1.png

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just got the carby and bolt set. Crankshaft due in a couple days. Got a little engine bling going on as well. When the intake horn gets here I hope it is the red one. Plan is to mate it with a filter that will easily fit inside the motor box. Carb is not walbro as advertised. It's a "HUAYI".
Looks to be of very good quality though.

0906170028-00.jpg 0906170031-00.jpg 0906170035-00.jpg 2195.jpg

BalsaDust

I've been planning out my next scratch build project and really wanted to do a biplane, but I've come to the conclusion that the field assembly is more than I want to do in this stage of my life. So, I've been working on a new monoplane plan. I have another DA50 so it will be 30% sized. This time I'm planning to use a Pitts style muffler to save weight and make the balance easier. I'm pretty happy with the general outline and I've started drawing the structure in Turbocad.

View attachment 98759 View attachment 98760

looks nice. Can't wait to follow a build thread on this one as well. One day I will get brave enough to design a fattie in CAD but until then I will stick to designing slabs.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

I always liked that style of front end on racer planes but I got to say "Miss Mona" was an awesome build. About 90" span on this new one?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I always liked that style of front end on racer planes but I got to say "Miss Mona" was an awesome build. About 90" span on this new one?
I think with the tips the final span is just over 90" I'd have to check the cad file for the exact measurement.
Here are the wings I just got for it Friday. They're for an Aeroworks 50cc Extra 300. They are leftovers from Aeroworks closing so they are new. The hinges aren't glued so that will make life easier this time around. I'm going to add round tips to them like I did on Miss Moana. For $100 shipped to my door they were hard to pass up.

No matter what I do it wants to post this pic sideways.:confused:

20170904_164049.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

There is a little of everything in it mustang, spitfire wing and thirties tail section. I like it looks good and real. Just don't forget to add big flaps.

Last edited: