• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That's a huge weight difference. The DA70 only weighs .4 pounds more than the 60 before the extra muffler and small differences in the ignition weights.
I know, right? I weighed the 70 before putting it on the Pitts. I was astonished to see how much it weighed.
Could this be why I have about seven tons of lead on the tail of the Pitts to get it to balance? forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

That being said, I sure wish I had the extra dead presidents laying around to acquire a DA 70. Oh holy crap, did I just say that? Me? The devout 3w guy?
hearty-laugh.gif
If 3w made a 70 twin that was not rear induction, I would already own one. I just can't get past the idea of cutting a huge hole in my firewall for the carb. And then having to contend with the fuel spray inside the fuse.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would always pic a rear induction it performs better and you never have cowl air pressure problems. The only thing I agree is the fuel spraying into fuselage, but that problem is solved now that @Jetpainter showed me how to build a air box. It works great and now I would always try to buy rear induction.