• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got tired of flying the 26cc Edge with gobs of expo on the rudder and it still being way sensitive around neutral. It came with a 3.5" rudder arm. I made it a 2.5" arm and articulated it. It now matches the width of the rudder horns and both cables stay taught through the range of travel.

1127171557-00.jpg 1127171557-01.jpg 1127171557-02.jpg 1127171559-01.jpg 1127171600-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I did it cut the cowl in half, looked at it for a while just trying to find away that made easier but eventually you have to do it well did it this morning. Marked the line got the saw out and went at it and you know what it went real good and it was actually easy to do. As you can see from the pictures. Now I need to make the support ring to hold the two halves together. Covering and fixing it the old holes on the bottom of the cowl was a lot more difficult than cutting the cowl. The holes are fixed and sanded down and used a little putty to fill in the scratch’s. It not great very difficult to get the same roundness as before but it is best I can do. Luckily it is on the bottom and is white so it is not so obvious.

Attachments

• 2A2C1171-9205-4E2E-8000-82A1DCB81069.jpeg
    2A2C1171-9205-4E2E-8000-82A1DCB81069.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 24E63A79-94F8-4EDD-820A-05C21FCDA824.jpeg
    24E63A79-94F8-4EDD-820A-05C21FCDA824.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 265

Alky6

150cc
Well I did it cut the cowl in half, looked at it for a while just trying to find away that made easier but eventually you have to do it well did it this morning. Marked the line got the saw out and went at it and you know what it went real good and it was actually easy to do. As you can see from the pictures. Now I need to make the support ring to hold the two halves together. Covering and fixing it the old holes on the bottom of the cowl was a lot more difficult than cutting the cowl. The holes are fixed and sanded down and used a little putty to fill in the scratch’s. It not great very difficult to get the same roundness as before but it is best I can do. Luckily it is on the bottom and is white so it is not so obvious.
Nice job!

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I had a deadstick last week. Totally my fault idle was too low for the weather. Didn't quite make the runway before gravity took over and tore out the landing gear. This is the first ARF I've actually been able to purchase a replacement fuselage for so that's what I did. I'll take my time to repair the damage this winter. My VVRC 40 twin is off to Tom for inspection and perhaps a re-build. It's supposed to look like this.

IMG_20170821_101654_999.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Very nicely done. Maybe I need to send a certain 330 cowl to you for a little surgery. :yesss: