• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looks GOOD! :attaboy: You going to add some light ply strips to the exposed area for blind nuts or individual pieces for each blind nut?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it can apart it was not that easy had to do some prying and sliding a small 6 inch steel ruler in between but it came apart and looks pretty good. I will definitely do this again instead of trying to work with a one piece cowl.
That's the fun part isn't it, if your idea of fun is wondering if you just ruined many hours of work.;)

It looks nice, I'm glad I did it on my Hangar 9 Extra. It's amazing how good a job a razor saw does it on. I was able to cut mine without any paint damage at all. I did use a brand new Zona saw to make life easier.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's the fun part isn't it, if your idea of fun is wondering if you just ruined many hours of work.;)

It looks nice, I'm glad I did it on my Hangar 9 Extra. It's amazing how good a job a razor saw does it on. I was able to cut mine without any paint damage at all. I did use a brand new Zona saw to make life easier.
The cutting was not that bad it went better than I thought it would and it was one thing that I was the most anxious about. And with all the stickers on the sides and paint it came out pretty good will not have to fix anything just paint the bottom.

BalsaDust

Zona saw for the win. Picked one up about two years ago to replace the little red handled one. Never again will I not have a zona brand one in my shop. Worth every penny.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok the cowl is on and fits nicely. Got the holes drilled and been able to keep the gap to a minimum. Now I can start to cut the holes for the exhaust and maybe some clearance holes for the spark plug caps. Will see how that all goes then work on the air ducts to the engine.
B29B19C7-9399-4952-8B80-A40C088F5ADA.jpeg