• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not much to study. Just print out and start cutting. When I first drew it up to this size I was able to cut all the parts, build, cover, stuff, and maiden it in seven days.
You sound like a friend of mine he can build planes with in a week and I have no idea how he does it. I have spent more than 3 weeks changing a plane from a DA85 to DA100.
I do not live anywhere near a big city so the first thing a have to find a shop that print the PDF for me to scale. Just a matter of time and it will be done.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Two wing panels all ready to rock, working on the fuselage next. I stopped at this point for the night, tomorrow night I'll get everything hooked up and the X24 programmed for everything. Also working on putting snakeskin over all the wires :)

20171204_172939.jpg

20171204_184819.jpg

20171204_202028.jpg

BalsaDust

You sound like a friend of mine he can build planes with in a week and I have no idea how he does it. I have spent more than 3 weeks changing a plane from a DA85 to DA100.
I do not live anywhere near a big city so the first thing a have to find a shop that print the PDF for me to scale. Just a matter of time and it will be done.

Staples and Fedex Kinkos are two places I know that print. Or if you can find a local architecture firm that designs houses they should be able to do it as well.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tanner, Have you used the X24 on anything yet? I am curious as to the compatibility with the Optima rx's.

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately the X24 will only work with SL enabled Optima receivers (such as the Optima SL, or the Optima D (Optima D is too fragile for this application)). It won't work with Optima 6, 7 or 9. You can, however, use up to 4 Maxima SL receivers with the X24 to give you a huge amount of redundancy in a GS airplane- potentially even give you some kind of immunity to dead zones in the air (like at TriCities earlier this year ;) ).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hi Rob,

Unfortunately the X24 will only work with SL enabled Optima receivers (such as the Optima SL, or the Optima D (Optima D is too fragile for this application)). It won't work with Optima 6, 7 or 9. You can, however, use up to 4 Maxima SL receivers with the X24 to give you a huge amount of redundancy in a GS airplane- potentially even give you some kind of immunity to dead zones in the air (like at TriCities earlier this year ;) ).
So, how is it that you are hooking your system up? Are you still using your high-tech radio? What receivers?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'll be using Maxima SL receivers since I can use up to 4 of them. I'll only be using 2 for now, mounted in 2 different locations.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
F9815C75-2A2D-4130-A2E4-3D8ED9B67FA8.jpeg
The conversion from 85 cc to 100 cc is done . Got the air ducting done today. Except for some minor stuff. Will run the engine on the test stand in the early spring. Mount the engine and do the final installation and balance with the batteries and do final weight check. And then enjoy the plane for the season.