• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Just got home and trying to do something every night even if it isn't very much...cut out the landing gear plates and the cruddy balsa reinforcements in the area. Lots of work scraping out the old glue everywhere but almost ready to start putting stuff back in. Waiting on a sheet of 3/8" plywood for the new firewall. It's going to take a big sanding block to get it all flat and smooth before covering!
IMG_20150715_225857206.jpg

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Just got home and trying to do something every night even if it isn't very much...cut out the landing gear plates and the cruddy balsa reinforcements in the area. Lots of work scraping out the old glue everywhere but almost ready to start putting stuff back in. Waiting on a sheet of 3/8" plywood for the new firewall. It's going to take a big sanding block to get it all flat and smooth before covering!
View attachment 31943
contest2.jpg

These work great. I'm working on a 24" long one for myself for when sanding wings.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 31943

WOW, that must be the prototype or something, never seen an engine box like that on a Carden.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 31943
Ouch! MY EYES! MY EYES!
:laughing:

thurmma

150cc
View attachment 31943
@cbarnes0061 can hook you up!

BalsaDust

WOW, that must be the prototype or something, never seen an engine box like that on a Carden.
Same way the engine box on my 30% Carden cap looks except mine still has the top and bottom plates on them. Need to glue my new firewall in so I can stuff that thing and fly it.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
chris, i bought two of your blocks when you first started making them! they're already being used, just need a longer and wider one to get the broad sides of the fuselage tuned up when the rebuilding is completed.

i don't know, it's what i bought. top and bottom plates are removed until the gear plate and firewall are back in.
@cbarnes0061 , are the top and bottom plates glued into place on yours? the guy that rebuilt mine had the top plate screwed in place.