Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well when test flying the Decathlon to see if everything is fixed and it is now. So the planes is ready to go. But as usual you find things out at the field that you did not anticipate. Standing and looking at the Decathlon all ready to go. But when at JoeNall you leave your plane in one piece all week, and if I did that I could not charge the plane all assembled. I did not want to pull the wings and struts of every day. So had to do something so that the batteries could be checked and charged with out removing the wings and struts. So that will have to be done before we leave.

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    It took a while but I managed to rebuild a JR switch and charge jack switch. It can now switch the plane on and off and it is able to balance charge a 2cell LiPo battery. Took a little work had to modify the little printed circuit board and add an additional set of wires out the back of the switch to connect to the LiPo battery, done and it works great.

49dimes, stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Will be working on this as soon as it gets to the door in a couple of days. Who needs another engine to work on when the one you got works perfectly fine for a plane that won't get flown much anyway o_O. I thought my 6S fever was gone but it's a CAP 232 EX !!!
    My "Foam Hanger" is EX-panding :ooh?:.

9749151a_PREMIER-AIRCRAFT-QQ-CAP-232-EX-SUPER-PNP-GELB.jpg 9749151c_PREMIER-AIRCRAFT-QQ-CAP-232-EX-SUPER-PNP-GELB.jpg

rmyers, Snoopy1, Xpress and 4 others like this.
  4. tailskid

tailskid 70cc twin V2

Nice color scheme....too bad it is a foamy :)

49dimes, Luchnia and stangflyer like this.
  5. I think I am going to get the night version of this guy!

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Okay, I will bite. The night version? Is it black? LOL
    Seriously, I take it they have this with lights?

49dimes likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

B2BDE578-6C63-47F8-A534-22B518DEB792.jpeg CDECE6CE-336C-4A11-8F34-CD0B8FD384DD.jpeg

Working on a glider for a buddy.

Opal 2M designed by Peter Goldsmith.

Snoopy1, Alky6, Luchnia and 3 others like this.
  8. tailskid

tailskid 70cc twin V2

Two meter?

9. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Snoopy1, pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Agreed. Both counts . But I just had to have it so the four stroke waits ;). CAP trumps CUB :D.

Alky6 and stangflyer like this.