• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Bob Dively 1/4 Super Stearman, and I have to say it is a sweet kit. I have thought of getting rid of it a number of time's but it is still here beckoning for some bench time. One day I'll get to it, maybe.....My biggest hold back is I don't want a Moki so kind of waiting for Valach to come out with a smaller version of their radials, right now they have a 250 and a 420.
Spent a little time looking up the Valach 250 that is one nice motor and it has valve covers and push rod tubes so it does it’s own lubrication properly, I like that some body is doing some good engineering. Let me know when you get one.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm looking for some hefty 6S batteries for the Turbo Bushmaster to increase the flight times over 6min... with my 4200mAh - which are hard to beat for $80 and in the US.
http://www.headsuphobby.com/222v-4200mah-50C-EZ-Flite-Pro-Lipo-Battery-w-T-Plug_p_1803.html
Leaning towards pulling the trigger on some $70 5000mAh 6S 60C Turnigy Batteries.... Not sure if I want to deal with Chinese mail though.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-heavy-duty-5000mah-6s-60c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

Ended up going with the Turnigy 5000 6S 60C from HK, couldn't beat the price anywhere else for the size and shipping was free when I bought three.... and these particular Lipos had a good rep. They gained 1-1.5min of flight time in comparison to my 4200's and overall no performance loss or gains. So a 7.5 minute flight the packs were at about 20% with mild aerobatics.

This plane does great pop-tops, blenders are super easy, will do a mesmerizing waterfall, and other things a high wing shouldn't do. The flight envelope is very wide. I need to play with props a bit more, but as of now I think it may be under propped. It would be cool if they made a 35cc version of this plane, it really is a winner despite my initial thoughts on this bird.... I would recommend this to anyone looking for a sunday flier but wants a little more excitement from time to time.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Bob Dively 1/4 Super Stearman, and I have to say it is a sweet kit. I have thought of getting rid of it a number of time's but it is still here beckoning for some bench time. One day I'll get to it, maybe.....My biggest hold back is I don't want a Moki so kind of waiting for Valach to come out with a smaller version of their radials, right now they have a 250 and a 420.
Oh my! I had a Bob Dively Super Stearman but never got to finish it. Kids came first. Mine was the 1/3rd scale. I believe the top wing was like 112 or 116 inch. Been too many moons ago. What is the wing span of the 1/4 scale?

And I know I'm going to ask, so might as well get the question out of the way now. What would you take for it?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Installed a new carby and did a reed mod to my buddies DLE 35RA on his Demonstrator. It cleaned up the bottom end "burble" and transitions smooth as silk now. He said he "LIKEY" :). He "LIKEY" so much he is going to "Let me" fix his QQ300 o_O.

0507182152-00.jpg
0507182153-00.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh my! I had a Bob Dively Super Stearman but never got to finish it. Kids came first. Mine was the 1/3rd scale. I believe the top wing was like 112 or 116 inch. Been too many moons ago. What is the wing span of the 1/4 scale?

And I know I'm going to ask, so might as well get the question out of the way now. What would you take for it?
The 1/4 scale is a 96" ws. As for a sale price, uh, uh uhhhhhh, don't know if I could actually do it much less what I'd let it go for.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yippie!!! New wheel pants for the big Sukhoi.
View attachment 103266
Seems I am replacing these guys once a year. A slight scratch here, a bit of crack there... never ends. But thankfully Horizon Hobby is staying on top of the ball with replacement parts for the 3.1 Hangar 9 Sukhoi. 33 bucks is a meager pittance to pay to keep your bird looking pristine.

Did not know you had a Sukhoi. :way_to_go: