Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Spent a little time looking up the Valach 250 that is one nice motor and it has valve covers and push rod tubes so it does it’s own lubrication properly, I like that some body is doing some good engineering. Let me know when you get one.

acerc and stangflyer like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    We are not sure yet but the insurance company has been informed time will tell.

3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Ended up going with the Turnigy 5000 6S 60C from HK, couldn't beat the price anywhere else for the size and shipping was free when I bought three.... and these particular Lipos had a good rep. They gained 1-1.5min of flight time in comparison to my 4200's and overall no performance loss or gains. So a 7.5 minute flight the packs were at about 20% with mild aerobatics.

This plane does great pop-tops, blenders are super easy, will do a mesmerizing waterfall, and other things a high wing shouldn't do. The flight envelope is very wide. I need to play with props a bit more, but as of now I think it may be under propped. It would be cool if they made a 35cc version of this plane, it really is a winner despite my initial thoughts on this bird.... I would recommend this to anyone looking for a sunday flier but wants a little more excitement from time to time.

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Oh my! I had a Bob Dively Super Stearman but never got to finish it. Kids came first. Mine was the 1/3rd scale. I believe the top wing was like 112 or 116 inch. Been too many moons ago. What is the wing span of the 1/4 scale?

And I know I'm going to ask, so might as well get the question out of the way now. What would you take for it?

acerc, Snoopy1, 49dimes and 1 other person like this.
  5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Installed a new carby and did a reed mod to my buddies DLE 35RA on his Demonstrator. It cleaned up the bottom end "burble" and transitions smooth as silk now. He said he "LIKEY" :). He "LIKEY" so much he is going to "Let me" fix his QQ300 o_O.

0507182152-00.jpg 0507182153-00.jpg

6. The 1/4 scale is a 96" ws. As for a sale price, uh, uh uhhhhhh, don't know if I could actually do it much less what I'd let it go for.

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  7. stangflyer

But...but...but, I did not realize the QQ300 has a carby?!?!? crazy-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes likes this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

LoL nether did I Rob.......But I did get it fixed up for him. Don't think it can take another "Punch in the nose" and be ready for round 6 :concern:.

It will still "float like a butterfly" but the sting like a bee ??? :beaten: .

0508181734-00.jpg 0508181734-01.jpg 0508181750-00.jpg

9. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Did not know you had a Sukhoi. :way_to_go:

49dimes, pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  10. stangflyer

No? Huh! I've had it since new outta the box '15. I maidened it originally with a GP176 EVO in February of that year. Shortly thereafter I swapped the 176 for the beast "Dub" 170. Love this plane for deals.
    20170212_123123_001.jpg 20160224_133704.jpg My Sukhoi-2.jpg

Alky6, dhal22, 49dimes and 3 others like this.