• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It sure is fine and dandy to have RC buddies who's shops don't just produce model planes...........My long time friend also fixes model plane haulers:fist_pump:.

Wow you hit it pretty hard hope it looks worse than it is. That going cost a few bucks to fix. Hope your deductible is low and just let the insurance company worry about it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Wow you hit it pretty hard hope it looks worse than it is. That going cost a few bucks to fix. Hope your deductible is low and just let the insurance company worry about it.

That's just it. I did not hit that hard. When I slammed my brakes anti lock kicked in and nose of my vehicle dove under the other vehicles rear bumper causing the havoc from such a minor impact. The real bumper on my van you can see it in the pic. It's untouched!

And you just had to bring up the "insurance thing" and remind me what a BAD decision to drop comprehensive/collision to save a few dollars:face-palm: . That's it......rub it in......:money_talks::beaten::black-eye:

:laughing:

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's just it. I did not hit that hard. When I slammed my brakes anti lock kicked in and nose of my vehicle dove under the other vehicles rear bumper causing the havoc from such a minor impact. The real bumper on my van you can see it in the pic. It's untouched!

And you just had to bring up the "insurance thing" and remind me what a BAD decision to drop comprehensive/collision to save a few dollars:face-palm: . That's it......rub it in......:money_talks::beaten::black-eye:

:laughing:
Me BAD sorry about that.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it is built and fitted on the plane and mounting blocks added. That was not easy I must broke every stick on it at some time working on it. It is sanded and one coat of thinned epoxy coat on the outside. Will now have to try and cover it without changing the shape and breaking something. Hope fully when the covering is shrunk down on to it it will still be the same shape.
1FE7A83D-7975-4E3A-B2AC-02B8BE787584.jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well it is built and fitted on the plane and mounting blocks added. That was not easy I must broke every stick on it at some time working on it. It is sanded and one coat of thinned epoxy coat on the outside. Will now have to try and cover it without changing the shape and breaking something. Hope fully when the covering is shrunk down on to it it will still be the same shape.
View attachment 104065

Nice job brother. :way_to_go:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks great, now FLY IT!! :yesss:

Spent a little time in the shop last night cutting up the bodies for the TMaxx and Revo to try and get more air flowing to the engines.

36292064_10217626373518078_1976567962781351936_o.jpg

The Revo had a small hole in the front, but the TMaxx had no holes to let air through, so I opened up holes front and rear, and the sides too. Trying to get as much air flowing through to keep them cool, because restarting an engine after it overheats isn't fun :oblong: I would like to get the carbs reset after a tuning nightmare in the desert this weekend, looks like I richened both the low ends WAY up. Appears that may be more difficult with a horse now residing on the property :rolleyes: