• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That plane I looked at one at JoeNall. The Chief tent had a couple on sale for a really good price. But after taking a good look a one I walked away and of the reason was mounting of the servos in the wing and the joining of the wing but I must say it one very good flying plane.
Yeah the top wing is one piece and like 90" long, talk about inconvenient.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well seeing that I did not get to fly to day spent the rest of the day trying to get the choke and throttle to work in the Yak54; well had the throttle working good then when I had the choke working great I checked the throttle again and I do not know what had changed but it was binding like mad. So back to the throttle changed a bunch of things and got it to work properly again and still do not know what happened but it is all working now. So now all I have to do fit the cowl and wait for the muffler from JTec and try to make the Aura8 work that should prove to be interesting.

BalsaDust

1E94FFD7-6405-45CA-AD44-8A9F28DF74DF.jpeg
6420C26A-8D01-4245-9E36-0E8280ED0344.jpeg

Couple things completed. First I reversed the pins on my receiver as it just didn’t quite fit in the pod of my dlg with the servos plugged up. Was kind of a pain but worth it.
Then while making up linkages I noticed my elevator servo would only just barely move. Checked all my radio settings and it was good. Pulled the servo out and couldn’t move it by hand. Opened it up and found where I had epoxied the two servos together that a small amount made it into the servo and onto the main shaft. Got it all cleaned up and hopefully it will Work now. Will try it out when I get home.

Alky6

150cc
A friend of mine was all hot for the Krill 120cc Ultimate until I told him the aileron servos are held in with two sided tape. It's great for something small, but to use it in a $2200 airframe with 400oz servos seems a bit too much.:oblong:
Actually, 3M makes some tape that they use to assemble skin stressed truck trailers. You know the ones going down highway that are 48’-53’ long... If you notice, they have no rivets through the skin. It is double sided tape holding the aluminum skins to the hat sections. Doesn’t surprise me, but still scary just the same!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Actually, 3M makes some tape that they use to assemble skin stressed truck trailers. You know the ones going down highway that are 48’-53’ long... If you notice, they have no rivets through the skin. It is double sided tape holding the aluminum skins to the hat sections. Doesn’t surprise me, but still scary just the same!
The he** you say? Seriously. This, I did not know. Surprising that with the quality of some o.t.r. drivers skills, these trailers don't just crumble. Ugh!

BalsaDust

3B51F7B9-C789-40AD-9329-8C5B7C26B4FF.jpeg
1BF0FEB7-69C4-481D-A638-955BD9040810.jpeg
Hopefully insurance doesn’t total so I can pull it in the shop and fix it. Got hit from behind today and shoved into another vehicle that then got shoved into another one itself. Four vehicles total. Only needs a new front and rear bumper and their mounting brackets but between that and labor it would prolly be what insurance says the truck is worth which isn’t much.