• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yesterday I helped a friend that's getting back into flying with his 42% Extra 260. I plumbed his new fuel tank and we put it on the balancer. He bought a PAU 50 ounce pro series tank. Man that is a really nice tank! The bottle is not a water bottle, it's made to be a fuel tank. It has "fuel tank" moulded right into it. It has a nice aluminum cap, metal fittings, Viton line with a brass tube and a ceramic clunk.

I used @Xpress and @stangflyer 's technique with the fuel line clamps. It works great! The airplane is tail heavy and will need some nose weight. We're going to start at 10 ounces and take some out as he flies it, till it feels right. If he had some wheel pants, it would be closer.

This airframe is really rough, but it was dirt cheap. It has a good DA150 with Greeves tuned pipes so it should be fun.

Today after getting back from the field I fixed up some battery extensions for him, and changed his LiPo ends to EC3's.

20181006_170629_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

I made a video! Flying the 84" TurboBushmaster on floats. Man that took forever.... cut, import, cut cut cut, import, slice, transition transition, cut, import. Plane might be far away, but good scenery. LOL
Umm, apparently no one told you that is "NOT" the way those planes are supposed to fly. LOL....way good stuff. I loved every minute of it. Great scenery too.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yesterday I helped a friend that's getting back into flying with his 42% Extra 260. I plumbed his new fuel tank and we put it on the balancer. He bought a PAU 50 ounce pro series tank. Man that is a really nice tank! The bottle is not a water bottle, it's made to be a fuel tank. It has "fuel tank" moulded right into it. It has a nice aluminum cap, metal fittings, Viton line with a brass tube and a ceramic clunk.

I used @Xpress and @stangflyer 's technique with the fuel line clamps. It works great! The airplane is tail heavy and will need some nose weight. We're going to start at 10 ounces and take some out as he flies it, till it feels right. If he had some wheel pants, it would be closer.

This airframe is really rough, but it was dirt cheap. It has a good DA150 with Greeves tuned pipes so it should be fun.

Today after getting back from the field I fixed up some battery extensions for him, and changed his LiPo ends to EC3's.

View attachment 105968
It doesn't really look all that rough. I have certainly seen worse flying. So, how about a photo of that awesome fuel tank? I would love to see it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 105968
Just out of curiousity, who is the maker of that 260?