Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    That looks like one nice and well built tank.

Jetpainter likes this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Ok need to know were you got those black exhaust tips on the DLE 35re. They look great.

stangflyer likes this.
  3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Thanks... So the black exhaust tips are for the DLE 55cc engine. I think...hmm......let me think about this. pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Yes, I remember. I bought them off ebay. I simply cut the extensions back to fit the length I wanted and attached them with two zip ties. Have not moved an inch since putting them on. Nice thing is, they fit the 35ra exhaust perfectly.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  4. stangflyer

Nice thing is, if it was cheap enough it will get your friend back on the sticks and give him time to find a really good airframe. Ya'll know all too well I am not a DA fan. That being said, if the 1 fity runs well then I would say transplant it to a new airframe when he is ready. I have a friend over in Washington that has been flying his DA 150 for going on like ten million years. I honestly don't think he has ever had it in to DA for service. The dude can huck… I kid you not. And that 150 just keeps on running. Like a clock. Tick-tick-tick... never misses a beat.

You know what is funny about this video? So not minutes....literally, after I took off with the Behemoth Yak (2) and realized only "AFTER" my canopy fell to the ground because I forgot to put the canopy locks back in....David did the same thing. Geez, you would think we were related or something. LOL. Seriously though, that DA 150 just keeps running so good. I wish you and your friend great success with that new/used ride of his. Tell him he just can not expect us to believe it flies. He must provide us with a video. LOL

Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. stangflyer

Kind of cool the way it says "FUEL TANK" on it. LOL. Those are really great tanks. I have them in all my birds. Mine do not say "FUEL TANK" on them though.
    angry emoticon.png

Alky6, dhal22, Snoopy1 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I had him call Taildragger first, but he was out, and it didn't sound like he was planning to restock.

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well with the weather the way it has been for past 2 weeks and it does not not look good for next few days. I have started a small project. The 20 cc Edge that I slammed into the dirt a while back is on the work bench to see what I can do with it. Not much left but of it every thing is gone from a couple of inches ahead of the stabilizer. Made a layout on the work bench that is covered with a glass plate. If you look closely at the picture you can the new layout drawn on the glass. The fuselage will only be 2 1/4 wide and everything made to fit I hope.
    B3D8A804-A7D0-4FBB-8F12-D9F39DE7BB6E.jpeg

Alky6, Jetpainter, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  8. stangflyer

A little bit of patience and tenacity and you will have that thing back together in no time and looking sweet.

Alky6, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  9. I have her done now! 2 lbs 9 oz. May maiden it today. Our club is having a fun fly this weekend in which we should have 13 flying all together! Living in Texas, the chance of snow holding me back from flying isn't very good;) IMG_3025.JPG

Alky6, Xpress, Jetpainter and 2 others like this.
  10. Today I installed the intake ram on the 140 in the Laser. Could not see if it was a perfect fit, choke closed, so had to use the trusty ole camera eye.
    Won't be able to finish the Eagle gear until some PETG is cut, hopefully be done and ready for pick up tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.
    Also been debating between the DLE 120 or the GP123 to replace this Valach 140, which will need be done soon as it is pretty much broke in. I had thought about throwing the Valach 120 in, a perfect fit, but this Laser is screaming to do some 3D stuff that the slightly slower throttle response of the 140 don't like or it may just be me.

Attached Files:

Alky6, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.