• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

@wecoyote got the fuel tank strapped in place and the firewall glued in place on my Carden Cap 232. Once the epoxy dries I will install the aluminum angle behind the firewall to add extra support.

Also another little trick for everyone else. Wife sent this to me on Pinterest and I liked the idea. Go to lowes or Home Depot and pick up a piece of vinyl gutter. A 10' piece was only like $8. Cut it to fit the front of your work bench and then screw it in place. Great place to keep all those tools that get used a lot but you don't want them on your work bench as well as helping catch small parts that may try to roll away.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
..................Also another little trick for everyone else. Wife sent this to me on Pinterest and I liked the idea. Go to lowes or Home Depot and pick up a piece of vinyl gutter. A 10' piece was only like $8. Cut it to fit the front of your work bench and then screw it in place. Great place to keep all those tools that get used a lot but you don't want them on your work bench as well as helping catch small parts that may try to roll away.

are you suggesting that we should keep our shops organized???? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i gave up fighting that war long ago!

ok, seriously, i try but usually lose that fight but thanks for the tip, it's worth a try :)

BalsaDust

are you suggesting that we should keep our shops organized???? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok, seriously, i try but usually lose that fight but thanks for the tip, it's worth a try :)

Really just an attempt to make it the slightest bit better.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I try to do this as desperately as I can, however it always seems that someone goes in there and takes tools and never returns them... :cautious:

thurmma

150cc
Also another little trick for everyone else. Wife sent this to me on Pinterest and I liked the idea. Go to lowes or Home Depot and pick up a piece of vinyl gutter. A 10' piece was only like $8. Cut it to fit the front of your work bench and then screw it in place. Great place to keep all those tools that get used a lot but you don't want them on your work bench as well as helping catch small parts that may try to roll away.

I have to go to Home Depot today anyway, so I will be getting a piece while I am there :)

camss69

70cc twin V2
I try to do this as desperately as I can, however it always seems that someone goes in there and takes tools and never returns them... :cautious:

My dad used to always get mad at us when he couldn't find his tools.. I used to think what's the big deal he has lots of tools!! Now I'm the screaming father, "Don't use my tools or at least put them back when you're done!" (Which never happens). The scissors are the worst... Which just gave me an idea... I need to put a leash on them so they can't walk away...

I'm also going to bolt the TV remote to the coffee table like a cheap Motel in a sketchy area...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My dad used to always get mad at us when he couldn't find his tools.. I used to think what's the big deal he has lots of tools!! Now I'm the screaming father, "Don't use my tools or at least put them back when you're done!" (Which never happens). The scissors are the worst... Which just gave me an idea... I need to put a leash on them so they can't walk away...

I'm also going to bolt the TV remote to the coffee table like a cheap Motel in a sketchy area...

I may have to get a locking cabinet to lock my tools inside of. Maybe that'll keep them from walking off. :D

BalsaDust

image.jpg

So I got the motor mounted. In all my efforts I didn't get the firewall the way I wanted it but oh well. My buddy I got the plane from said it needed a little bit of down thrust. So I set it to have the right thrust it needed and the down thrust I thought it needed. Well when I line everything up with the cowl it has the right thrust dead nuts on but the down thrust is pretty much zero so I guess I will be adding a washer behind the top two stand offs. Needless I'm happy though. Now to open up the lower cowl a bit to fit around the motor and cut out an opening for the exhaust then I can wrap this baby up and get it ready for a maiden.