• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It doesn't look like any workshop time for me tonight. We have a flying club meeting. I don't normally go, but they're going to talk about doing a FPV quad race later in the year. I don't fly quads, but it would be cool to watch. It will be interesting to see what the FOGS think of that.

This is also the first meeting since our president passed away. He was one of the few things holding the rule makers back and I'm interested to see if they try and pass a bunch of new rules in his absence.

Doing some finishing touches on my Ultimate. Working on the canopy and since I like to have access to the cockpit I decided to use the supplied screw set and use automotive pin striping to seal up the canopy. Never have been a fan of using canopy glue.:p Was lucky to fine some red striping that matches real close.:)

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 231

pawnshopmike

Staff member
It doesn't look like any workshop time for me tonight. We have a flying club meeting. I don't normally go, but they're going to talk about doing a FPV quad race later in the year. I don't fly quads, but it would be cool to watch. It will be interesting to see what the FOGS think of that.

This is also the first meeting since our president passed away. He was one of the few things holding the rule makers back and I'm interested to see if they try and pass a bunch of new rules in his absence.
I was sorry to hear about his passing. I know Uncle Bill was fond of him.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was sorry to hear about his passing. I know Uncle Bill was fond of him.
Jon was a good man trying to do a tough job.

3 hours in the club meeting tonight. Next time I decide to go I'm just going to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick. I would be less painful.

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg

Cowl cut and fit around the engine and it fits pretty damn good. Nice gap between the spinner back plate and the cowl. I'm happy. Now I got it all pulled off and a layer of epoxy has been spread onto the firewall to protect it from fuel. Tomorrow morning I should be able to permantely install the motor and start figuring out ignition and battery placement.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Jon was a good man trying to do a tough job.

3 hours in the club meeting tonight. Next time I decide to go I'm just going to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick. I would be less painful.

What is a club meeting for? We have 300 or 350 members and do not have club meetings. 5 or 6 years ago 2 members got kicked out of the club (back in the 72 megahertz days) for fighting over the obvious. Other than that I have never heard of an issue at our club.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What is a club meeting for? We have 300 or 350 members and do not have club meetings. 5 or 6 years ago 2 members got kicked out of the club (back in the 72 megahertz days) for fighting over the obvious. Other than that I have never heard of an issue at our club.
No meetings? 350 people that get along? Wow I'm impressed. Do you have club officers?