• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I was thinking about this after posting the above and thought of how I clean my irons with acetone. So I went a cut a couple of short strips of Ultra, wiped the adhesive side on one with acetone using a Q-Tip, pressed it on the other piece, and so far it does seem to be having some affect. At first the adhesive was very soft but sticky, the longer it sets the harder it is to pull apart. I does not seem to be quick like the trim solvent but I'll leave this be and see how it is in the morning.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was thinking about this after posting the above and thought of how I clean my irons with acetone. So I went a cut a couple of short strips of Ultra, wiped the adhesive side on one with acetone using a Q-Tip, pressed it on the other piece, and so far it does seem to be having some affect. At first the adhesive was very soft but sticky, the longer it sets the harder it is to pull apart. I does not seem to be quick like the trim solvent but I'll leave this be and see how it is in the morning.
Keep us informed this is an important solution to Ultracote, thanks

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It has been four hours and when pulled apart it appears the acetone more or less dissolves the glue rather than activating it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
One day jigging and it looks like weeks of work has been bone. Well it is coming along nicely. Just trying to get 40 inch long ribs straight and square can be a bit of fun. But they are all set, square and in line. The top spares are glued down and the first leading edges and trailing edge is also glued in.
8999C56E-A208-44CE-BD3D-B04D3713C208.jpeg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
One day jigging and it looks like weeks of work has been bone. Well it is coming along nicely. Just trying to get 40 inch long ribs straight and square can be a bit of fun. But they are all set, square and in line. The top spares are glued down and the first leading edges and trailing edge is also glued in.
View attachment 106963
Nice to see others have the same affliction for all the oddities of weights and the such. Albeit not my cup of tea I can still appreciate good quality work such as you are doing. NICE!!!