• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I am SO ready to get back to working on something not made of metal :eek: Did the driver and passenger side ball joints on my Jeep, the passenger side lower was being a bear and not wanting to press in straight. That's one obstacle out of the way o_O

View attachment 107026
As rusty as that stuff looks I'd swear it was from here in the midwest.

Does yours have the rear disc brakes? Those can be tons of fun when they're rusty. The rusted up emergency brakes on my brothers 2012 Liberty really sucked.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
As rusty as that stuff looks I'd swear it was from here in the midwest.

Does yours have the rear disc brakes? Those can be tons of fun when they're rusty. The rusted up emergency brakes on my brothers 2012 Liberty really sucked.

Actually there ain't a lick of rust on the entire Jeep, that's all dirt. Yep, rear disks ('96 Grand Cherokee).

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I am SO ready to get back to working on something not made of metal :eek: Did the driver and passenger side ball joints on my Jeep, the passenger side lower was being a bear and not wanting to press in straight. That's one obstacle out of the way o_O

View attachment 107026

You problem is that rubber mallot.... STEEL baby, caCLANG! :way_to_go: Working on stubborn car parts is quite a feat. One day I'll get smart and pay someone else... until then....:msn_slap: I shall curse, and curse I shall.

BalsaDust

IMG_5057.JPG
IMG_5058.JPG
IMG_5059.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_5068.JPG
IMG_5069.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG

Mass photo dump of all the pics I took while making hard points and installing the control horn and torsion spring in the new elevator of my 1M DLG. Any questions just ask.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The delta is coming along slowly got some more sheeting done and the wing tips done on one side. All the shear weds are in. Need to get the centre section sheeted and then lift it off and flip it over.
View attachment 107018

Nice steel blocks for weights. Where did you get them?

Guys I do not know if I am giving to much details and pictures on the Delta build. My concern is that I am sure if there is a lot of interest in this type of plane please let me know.
One picture of the centre section this is a little difficult to get right most use two sheets and join in the center. But what I did is wet the bottom so that the sheeting with the amount weight used conforms to the dihedral angel and the curve of the ribs. Takes a little doing once it fits it looks clean and no seams down the centre and stronger.
View attachment 107024
Dang son, that wing is kinda cool looking. And the steel weights are very cool too. I see you answered the question previously asked on where you acquired them. I was curious also. I could use something like this. As for interest in your build...you just keep the photos coming. Believe it or not, there are numerous people....(me) that can always learn a new trick or two. Old guys rule...right Earle? But we can still learn new tricks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The bottom is sheeted now and the trailing edge except for the centre section that will be a while because now I have to figure out how to get everything to fit into the wing and excesses-able. The way it showed on the drawing sucks and I would like to close the motor in just looks better.
337E45A3-7CB8-47FB-AA42-B345FEFCC311.jpeg

BalsaDust

Dang son, that wing is kinda cool looking. And the steel weights are very cool too. I see you answered the question previously asked on where you acquired them. I was curious also. I could use something like this. As for interest in your build...you just keep the photos coming. Believe it or not, there are numerous people....(me) that can always learn a new trick or two. Old guys rule...right Earle? But we can still learn new tricks.

Go to any machine shop or local welding shop and I'm sure they will have scraps or could get you what you need and cut them to length for a fair price. I love building with weights but I'm much like snoopy in I have access to that stuff where I work and can ask for scraps from time to time.