• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Great it works @49dimes comes through again for us , the main thing it is working radios can be so frustrating at times.

Thanks. I really did think it was a connector issue at first because mine had some too. The manuals are pretty straight forward if you are using spektrum gear. This is what I did to make the "rats nest" of connectors easy to plug in the wing. The bare pin connector is for the lights...

Oh! How do you like my "FAA" markings for such a toy plane? lol

0304192015-00.jpg
0304192016-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks. I really did think it was a connector issue at first because mine had some too. The manuals are pretty straight forward if you are using spektrum gear. This is what I did to make the "rats nest" of connectors easy to plug in the wing. The bare pin connector is for the lights...

Oh! How do you like my "FAA" markings for such a toy plane? lol

View attachment 109255 View attachment 109256

That’s funny that’s telling them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That’s funny that’s telling them.

In honesty...I have had my registration since 2015. And it expires in 2020. Yes I will renew it to be legal. But I never thought in a million years it would come to this. Really takes the wind out of one's sail :(. And I suppose that is what it's really about.

BalsaDust

5FA9197A-46F4-4017-88B3-0B3B1EBBA5A7.jpeg

She’s headed out to fly later today. Pretty sure I will be moving it over to my taranis in the near future though. With the stock six channel receiver the ailerons have to be on a y harness to be able to mix the flaps into full span ailerons thus limiting the amount of mixes I can do to it. Would love to program in full span flap and crow just to play around and moving it to my taranis will be cheaper and easier to accomplish this. But who knows after it flys today I may decide it doesn’t need those things and just leave it as is.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
View attachment 109266
She’s headed out to fly later today. Pretty sure I will be moving it over to my taranis in the near future though. With the stock six channel receiver the ailerons have to be on a y harness to be able to mix the flaps into full span ailerons thus limiting the amount of mixes I can do to it. Would love to program in full span flap and crow just to play around and moving it to my taranis will be cheaper and easier to accomplish this. But who knows after it flys today I may decide it doesn’t need those things and just leave it as is.

Good Luck and have fun. I have found however that these small park flyers that are designed around a "flight control system" do better with it. As a matter of fact the small extra I have is a horrible flyer with out it. You could get creative with the stock receiver and use the "Forward Programming" APP to set up the RX in a configuration that would allow "crow" but I don't know if a seventh channel would be needed for the additional mix. I think it would. So go get yourself the 7 channel AS3X Rx o_O.

BalsaDust

Good Luck and have fun. I have found however that these small park flyers that are designed around a "flight control system" do better with it. As a matter of fact the small extra I have is a horrible flyer with out it. You could get creative with the stock receiver and use the "Forward Programming" APP to set up the RX in a configuration that would allow "crow" but I don't know if a seventh channel would be needed for the additional mix. I think it would. So go get yourself the 7 channel AS3X Rx o_O.

Valid point and I reckon I could see how it flys without the stabilization using one of my 6 channel frsky receivers and if I feel it needs it then I can get one of the frsky SR8 receivers that has 3 axis stabilization built in and only cost $33 bucks.