• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it will work just the way the wing connects to fuse makes the insert a little difficult to do but could be made to work. Just wanted to see how good you can make threads work in Bass wood.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
20160309_140954.jpg
20160309_183233.jpg
20160309_183241.jpg
My wife and her friend painted the cowl screws for me today while I finished the wings. All ready to maiden as soon as the flood waters recede.

thurmma

150cc
I didn't work on any planes but, I did finally order a JETI DS-14 :) That means I will be doing work on airplanes next week sometime. After 20+ years of flying Airtronics, I have finally made the move to a different radio system. Anyone looking for a good SD-10G with 2 8 channels rx's and 2 10 channel rx's? Will make you a great deal :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 52118 View attachment 52119 View attachment 52120 My wife and her friend painted the cowl screws for me today while I finished the wings. All ready to maiden as soon as the flood waters recede.
Holy piglets Robert. Or in this case, Holy Wild Bores. That Suk is damn fine. I immediately envisioned me stripping my Sukhoi to do a custom scheme. LOL...ha ha ha....Yeah, I don't think so. Done with recovers for awhile. At least until it's time to cover the Dalton. Your Sukhoi really turned out superb. Way to go man...way to go!!

Finished the Yak this evening. Looking for a maiden also as soon as weather permits.

sweetpea

100cc
No pics....but I installed the repaired bent PAU Biplane bent cabane mount. Installed the new PAU tanks in the plane with all new fuel lines. Charged the batts. Still need to install new vent caps, wheel pants, mufflers and the cowl and then she's ready to fly again. Been hanging from the rafters for just about a year so hoping to get out Saturday or Sunday.