• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This is soooo not good!

Done it before, EME 120 is double washered (prop washer, flat washer, lock washer, bolt). Only if you keep having issues with prop bolts loosening up in flight, go with NordLocks under your bolt heads, no other washers. But, lately, I have been using a regular split type washer or referred as lock washer with no issues. A hint of 3 in 1 oil aids in keeping bolts in as well. Loc-tite should be avoided at all costs. Steel bolt, aluminum drive hub and loctite are a recipe for disaster. Disaster as in removing aluminum threads with a steel bolt.

There really is no "best" way, just whatever way YOU prefer is best. :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
For those that may be interested. Three flights on the Sukhoi since the CF back plate cost me a 200.00 dollar prop. I am very pleased to say, the Tru-Turn aluminum back plate is the cats meow. Checked the torque after the second flight yesterday, and only one bolt was not on "click" torque. It took next to zero to move it to torque. The other five, perfectly on torque. Yep, next time I won't even waste my time with a CF backplate. Thanks to everyone who offered their expertise in this.