• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
And my .02 cents worth.... WOW...is all I can say. I got to about 6:35 before I had enough. I mean seriously...this is a "HOBBY". We are all supposed to be having fun. That is what it is all about. I personally have witnessed the same as this poor fellow. Being voted in as a member? Fuel and fly? 3D not condoned? Too noisy? Seriously dangerous pilots that will not be dealt with? Personally, I walk away from this kind of garbage. Recently I had the fantastic opportunity to witness how a "REAL" club is operated and the boyz...(gentlemen) that fly at that field. Not to mention the awesome personalities and attitudes. Yes I am speaking of the Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee Wa. Supatim, Geno, Dman, Flarpy, Waterboy, Harv (and so many others that I failed to mention).... that made a very long lasting and huge statement of what this hobby is about. And how a respectable club should be organized and operated. Just wish others would make a point of "PROMOTING" the hobby and welcoming in new members. AMA or not, it is up to us how our hobby proceeds.

Do-rag

100cc
I have seen a couple of clubs like this but thank good they are the exception not the rule in my experience.

sparkx38

50cc
I can so relate to this story. Not exactly sure what the originating incident is here. My case is every time one or two originating members don't get their way they are sure to (or try to) ruin the fun for all others at any cost. At one point I seriously debated getting out of the hobby. I came to my senses and realized that was not the answer to the problem.

shaggy

New to GSN!
Wow.... what a complete bunch of douchebags!

Right there is the reason that some clubs are folding.

God forbid you fuel and fly... you might interrupt their bullshit sessions with the noise from your plane

there is a club i went to join in east texas, and the people who invited me to join are just the nicest & funnest people. all was good. one time, i went to the club during the week (when my friends were not there), and i recognized this older man there, maybe in his late 70s, then, i got a sense of what is portrayed on this video. me, being dark skinned, and being in Marshall, texas, all of a sudden, i got, how should i say: "SCARED!!!!!!!"

this guy came up to me and was asking me all questions:" where i was from, what do i do, etc....", then, he told me or mentioned something to me, which he stated at least 4 times in a time period of 2 weeks that i was there. he told me: "there sure are a lot of people joining this club...." that was the clue to me that he did not want me there.