• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
shaggy;8591 wrote: Wow.... what a complete bunch of douchebags!

Right there is the reason that some clubs are folding.

God forbid you fuel and fly... you might interrupt their bullshit sessions with the noise from your plane

We've got a couple like that at one of the clubs I frequent. Don't like the 3D'ers cause it's hard for them to talk when people are hovering.

mac26r

50cc
Wow! Typical short sighted "I've got mine to hell with you" attitude. We have a couple of those guys around, I usually smile then fuel and fly! I see the way they fly also, in 20min I maybe heard one electric in the air but I'm not even sure about that. I hope you keep up the fight, find a sponsor and get in the club.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
This is why we...as models recognize new potential members and be sure and greet those that visit the field. I always take time to greet people I don't know when they arrive. I was not always the best at doing this in the past but seen too much of this behavior from my last club. My new club is awesome though because we all greet everyone.

BalsaDust

WTF only 4 minutes in so far and since when does the VP of a club not know the rules on new members joining. Crazy

pawnshopmike

Staff member
thurmma;8576 wrote: I think if we can work out some small solar panels to put on the planes we would be headed in the right direction :)

Oh that's way too simple. I was thinking more like inflight battery swap!

BalsaDust

Can't believe I made it through the entire video. It just goes to show that we have some seriously ignorant people in this hobby sometimes. This video should be taking to the local AMA person and have this situation resolved. just my .02 but the Club president should be removed from his position and it seems he was the main one having a problem with the guy trying to join and was making it more of a dictatorship over a a democracy.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
I'm sure Andy can chime in, but I think the most AMA can do is to counsel the club in how it conducts its business. I suspect the AMA would only step in if the club were conducting itself in an unsafe or otherwise illegal manner, e.g., acting in a racist manner. AMA can't fix stupid. Nobody can.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;8656 wrote: WTF only 4 minutes in so far and since when does the VP of a club not know the rules on new members joining. Crazy

That is because he needs to confer with his cronies on any given scenario to figure out what the rule should be on that given day! I mean, COME ON, he is the VP!!! Isn't that what he is SUPPOSED to do? :devil:

Astro

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Ken-H;8645 wrote: I was not always the best at doing this in the past but seen too much of this behavior from my last club.

Thanks for leaving me to deal with these asshats all by myself!!! :dancing-poop:

Astro