• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Throttle servo?

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I have looked at that servo for throttle in the past. The low price and HV is a very nice feature but I always worried about nylon gears in a shaky twin like the DA170. So that is why I went with the 8911. If I had a quad or a smoother twin I would have been more comfortable with a nylon geared servo.

Without the spring attached, there should be no load... and the nylon will not wear like a metal geared servo.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I run 3S lipo's regulated to 8.5V on everything, and always keep the throttle spring on. The Hitec 5665 or 5685 is my choice. I don't think any gasser can respond faster than a 5685.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I use faster servos so I can "dial in" throttle response to stick movement on different engines on different models. Throttle curve and servo speed adjustment is a nice feature on modern radios. IMO you need to base line faster so you tune in with the characteristics of the engine and have optimum control of engine speed at all times.