Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Timber 110" Twin Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by RC80AK, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    That sure has a nice sound to it. Like the plane.

RC80AK likes this.
  2. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

This week I decided to go flying every night after work. Summer is slipping by quickly up here in AK and I want to soak up as much as possible. I've been working on the Timber wings while waiting on the batteries to charge. No big progress, but it was gratifying to build and fly every day!

AKNick, pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.
  3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    It’s so disappointing that your flying spot has such crummy views :brian-banana:.

Really enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing with the less fortunate :LOL_gif:.

AKNick and RC80AK like this.
  4. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

Hahaha... Sometimes RC is an excuse to get out and go to the beach and sometimes going to the beach is an excuse to fly RC! Either way it works out!

Snoopy1, dhal22 and WMcNabb like this.
  5. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

Little bits of progress this week installing the wing servos. Ground the trailing edge of the aluminum spring gear down to take out some of the stiffness and loose some weight. IMG_3916.jpeg IMG_3915.jpeg

6. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

:fist_pump:The motors finally arrived!
    IMG_4303.jpeg

7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    COOL!! Love it when a plan, or a plane, comes together!

RC80AK likes this.
  8. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

Thanks! Scorpion has been very delayed on replacing inventory recently, I'm glad to finally have all 4.

Working on the cowling design now. Decided to keep the factory windshield and have a go at 3D printing a new cowl.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.04.45 PM.png

AKNick, Snoopy1, -Rick- and 2 others like this.
  9. RC80AK

RC80AK 50cc

The 3D printer arrived!!! I drew up and printed a vortex generator with the PLA that came with the printer. The part finish is amazing! I didn't clean anything up, this is how it came off the build plate.
    IMG_0065.jpeg IMG_0069.jpeg IMG_0070.jpeg

-Rick-, Snoopy1, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  10. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    New toy! AWESOME!!!

First trial part looks impressive.

RC80AK and AKNick like this.