• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Time for a new brand/stuck on two

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
kork said
2robbin/ I would assume if a canister was added for noise levels there would be some additional weight on the nose. 

Jason, generally a canister or tuned pipe will shift the cg back a bit and make an airplane tail heavy.

As for the airplanes you are looking at, all I can say is both companies would be on my short list for ARF's that I would recommend and both are run by some great people. 

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
kork said
2robbin/ I would assume if a canister was added for noise levels there would be some additional weight on the nose. Did you make the SFG's?

love the graphics. I bet the bird would still fly just fine with a little extra weight on the frame anyhow.

Thanks for the replys
Yes, you would need to add additional weight to the nose from adding a can or tuned pipe.

Yes I did make the SFG's.

They are made out or 1/8th ply from a shape I drew up.

Thanks for the compliments.

reyn3545

100cc
I had a 91" EF Extra with a DA85 and a pipe.  I mounted the rudder servo in the tail (there's already a slot cut for it), and it balanced great with the batteries right over the wing tube.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Kork,

stick with the 88" span airframes and you'll have more fun.

Just fly 4" closer and lower than the guys with the 92"ers and you'll look way cooler.  

I know everyone is always comparing wing loading blah blah...  But when your nose is more than 45 degrees up it's the power to weight ratio that gives the performance.  And wax your airframe too it does reduce drag.

Have a look at the Corvus from Red Aero RC.  It is a great flying bird.  I had mine about 3 months, and sold it to fund the bigger brother.  It is 91" and Flys on either a 55 or 60cc.  Has provisions for canister or tuned pipe.

But there is nothing wrong with EF, Pilot RC......  You catch my drift......  It is all in what you like best.

tylerzx9r

100cc
The companies you are looking at are very good with customer service! I would pick another PAU plane any day just because Harve, has gone out of his way, as far as I am concerned with service for me! I also fly a 37.5% Pilot Yak (as seen in my avatar) Love it! But everytime I purchase something from Cheif, I get hosed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I would't get anything from them as far as Pilot goes...... I had better and faster responce when I got Tony involved directly from Pilot! If it were me.... Pau, or EF!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
tylerzx9r said
If it were me.... Pau, or EF!
Fanboy
icon_wink.gif
    Wait......I like those too!

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I own and fly EF and Pilot and I just acquired a PAU but what about the 3d Hobbyshop planes for 3D? Any of them any good?