• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
Thanks I sheeted the rear of the top of the wing today. First wing I've sheeted in 58 years. Goes to show you you never forget skils llearned as a kid. 2014-09-15 19.13.52.jpg2014-09-15 19.14.05.jpg2014-09-15 19.14.23.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
I got the top sheeting trimmed and some spots filled. I will go over underside and fill spots in it then do the wing tips before the end of the week.P 40-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles

70cc twin V2
Finished the top of the wing today then turned it over and cut the holes for the servos and applied filler to the seams and will sand tomorrow after the filler sets.Wing bottom filled.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
Put in the 13th wing ribs and LE and TE blocks. the blocks didnt quite line up so will have to shape the tips a little more than expected. what else is new.p-40 wing tip.jpg

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
In looking at the servo tray and push rod setups, I think you could cut a new opening for an additional servo, elevate it some, and use this as your pull-pull setup for tailwheel control. If you don't like this, then the only other option is to leave the servos as designed, the rudder one becomes strictly tailwheel, and look at placing the rudder's servo on the aft of the fuse like you see done on 3D planes.

Charles

70cc twin V2
Sanded the port wingtip block into shape last night and all I can say is " that is one hell of a lot os sanding"