• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

BalsaDust

:laughing: Thanks for the laugh and the update! I have a vvrc 20cc sitting in a box waiting for me to finish my JTEC so I can start on a mojo 65 slab. Seems everything takes for-----ever to finish. Oh well, it is my sanity (the building that is...lol).

I hope you already have the mojo65 kit or are gonna scratch build it as swanyhouse is closing its doors. I think they have only three mojo60 kits left.

Alky6

150cc
I hope you already have the mojo65 kit or are gonna scratch build it as swanyhouse is closing its doors. I think they have only three mojo60 kits left.
Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear it. I do have all the pieces to get it done, acquired most of them separately since Paul discontinued the full kit.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just a tid bit more info about the i10. Fly Sky (Not FrSky) also sells this radio as the FS-i10. Hobby Partz has it listed for 240.00. It is an AFHSD 2A system with telemetry. Receivers are hard to come by but I did get the 6 channel park flyer receiver for 9.00 and bound it to the i10. Here's the thing.....I had to re-flash the radio with its original version firmware in order to get the radio to bind to the receiver using the (AFHSD 2A one way) protocol. For those who install the multi rotor menu as I did will have the same problem getting the non telemetry receivers to bind. So as I know it....The only receivers that will bind with the "multi rotor" firmware upgrade are the 10 channel and 6 channel "telemetry" receivers iA10 and iA6.

flysky-fsi-10-10-channel-2-4g-afhds-2-aircraft-radio-system-17.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just an update......Now that I have re installed the original firmware.....Got the Aura 8 to work with this radio in the QQ 300! Using iA6 "park flyer" receiver in the AFHDS 2A (one way) mode. I Have another Aura 8 as a stand alone and will hook it up with the 10 channel iA10 receiver in the AFHDS 2A (two way) mode and see if all is well with telemetry. For those who have not seen all of this thread....The AFHDS 2A one way and two way protocol are like Futaba's "FASST" and "FASSTEST" protocol. This radio will also communicate with AFHDS and AFHSS protocol's so all of the receivers that Turnigy offers (Like 9X series) can be used.

20160423_153919.jpg
20160523_164118.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have installed this radio in to my 32% Extra 330sc with engine CHT and RPM sensors. Onboard voltage monitoring is done by the receiver alone since this bird fly's with one 4400ma 2s lipo. Hope to get it out Sunday afternoon and "see" the difference:).

20160617_184404.jpg
20160618_001529.jpg
20160618_140407.jpg
20160618_140641.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have installed this radio in to my 32% Extra 330sc with engine CHT and RPM sensors. Onboard voltage monitoring is done by the receiver alone since this bird fly's with one 4400ma 2s lipo. Hope to get it out Sunday afternoon and "see" the difference:).

View attachment 83419 View attachment 83420 View attachment 83421 View attachment 83422
Looking good keep us informed about the good and the bad of the radio. The price and the ability of the radio seem to be at odds. But very interested to see how you like it and how it performs in the long run thanks.
How are the thermal sensors connected to the cylinder heads. (Picture).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking good keep us informed about the good and the bad of the radio. The price and the ability of the radio seem to be at odds. But very interested to see how you like it and how it performs in the long run thanks.
How are the thermal sensors connected to the cylinder heads. (Picture).

I used 12-10awg ring terminal connector. The portion of the thermal head is inserted inside the ring connector and filled with thick ca then shrink wrap. The wires themselves are inside some red silicone fuel tubing. Spark plug holds em in place.

20160617_183726.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I used 12-10awg ring terminal connector. The portion of the thermal head is inserted inside the ring connector and filled with thick ca then shrink wrap. The wires themselves are inside some red silicone fuel tubing. Spark plug holds em in place.

View attachment 83435

Thanks now it all makes sense. Under the spark plug does that not give much higher temperatures than the head actually is.
With it connected under spark plugs what is your upper operating temperature limit on the DA