• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Everything finished but the stickers. Aura set up and it looks to be doing what it is supposed to. Real test Saturday:).

20160629_165445.jpg
20160629_165705.jpg
20160629_170139.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Look! It even got an ESC! lol

Serious though......Had to install an aluminum bracket to keep the receiver / gyro mount from shaking. It was causing the elevator servo to flutter. Been completely through the radio set up and put the stickers on! Plane weight is 6 pounds 4 ounces w/battery.

20160701_192659.jpg
20160701_192647.jpg
20160701_192039.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The Maiden with this radio and an Aura 8 is in the books. The only thing noted was that the elevator and rudder servos would jitter but would stop as soon as the sticks where moved. I believe the jitter is due to the "switching" BEC of the speed control. Once rolling for take off all was smooth and the plane flew amazingly well! Not the first glitch, bump, bounce or any other behavior that makes us pucker with fear :attaboy:. The telemetry was useful in setting a throttle up switch. I set it so the motor will always idle at about 1000 rpm.
This completely takes out any "cogging" if the prop was to stop spinning during ground taxi or in flight. The Aura 8 was AMAZING!
This neat little gizmo makes flying a comfortable and enjoyable experience. You just have to experience it on smaller less stable air frames to see. I have not tried it yet on a bigger gasser but I am working up to it! I have an EF 74" edge EXP I will be doing as an electric next for my self evaluation of the Aura 8 in bigger planes. If it to does well there then it will go in the 32% Extra 330sc.
20160703_164543.jpg
20160703_174050.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is always nice to get the first flight over with then the fun starts and after the tenth you love the plane and it is all good from there.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Some more stick time with the radio and Aura 8. A 6S 90c 3300 lipo went 5 minutes and land now. I paired two 3S 10c 5200's in series and got solid seven minutes of 3D flying and land with reserve power. I am really liking this radio. Finally able to stock up on 3- 10 channel and 3- 6 channel receivers and a host of telemetry sensors for about what I initially invested. So now the real good feeling is setting in that 250 bucks will control and tell you what is going on in at least 10 models of higher sophistication.

The Turnigy systems that power and control the MXS are proving themselves. I have flown some really nice electric set ups in the past and have to say this Turnigy stuff is impressive. Not cheap. Just not expensive "as"..........

Oh! 16x8 Falcon wood gives really nice 3D action and about 1300watts.
IMG_4551.JPG

Alky6

150cc
Some more stick time with the radio and Aura 8. A 6S 90c 3300 lipo went 5 minutes and land now. I paired two 3S 10c 5200's in series and got solid seven minutes of 3D flying and land with reserve power. I am really liking this radio. Finally able to stock up on 3- 10 channel and 3- 6 channel receivers and a host of telemetry sensors for about what I initially invested. So now the real good feeling is setting in that 250 bucks will control and tell you what is going on in at least 10 models of higher sophistication.

The Turnigy systems that power and control the MXS are proving themselves. I have flown some really nice electric set ups in the past and have to say this Turnigy stuff is impressive. Not cheap. Just not expensive "as"..........

Oh! 16x8 Falcon wood gives really nice 3D action and about 1300watts.
View attachment 84711
Interesting. with the Torque motor, the EF 60" extra, and a 15x7 APC I am getting 6.5 minutes on Glacier 6s 3300's (30c) batts at around 22.6volts. Very cool photo! Liking the MXS?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes I am. Very light plane! 5 pounds w/o battery. My 3300 6S Nanno Tech's are brand new and need a few more cycles (deep) to reach their potential. I suspect about 6 minutes or better once their "broke in". I was really surprised how well the 10c 5200's did in series. Not quite the punch of the 90c but still plenty of power to turn the 16x8 :).

Alky6

150cc
ooh. I missed the 10c part. You've got some cool stuff going on. That 5 # is very light! I haven't weighed mine.... Regardless, it is one heck of a flyer! 16x8 the way to go? Better punch out of a hover than the 15x7? Are you seeing much temp differences between the two props?