• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

AKfreak

150cc
Why did he sell the CL? Good deal BTW- well played!

The car can't get packed without a little "crack"!
Whether you're at the gym or down at Joe Nall with a TH in the air your having a ball.
So charge up some packs, get some Welders on deck cause part of the fun is repairing your next wreck!

Felt inspired by your story lol!

I flew 6 packs today on the Laser, and a fellow begged to buy my Extra Slick he offered me $100 and I actually passed. I just love it too much, it's kind of like old faithful and that fat fuse NE's so well.

As to the Welders, I am so glad I ran into FoamTac. No Yellowing, no brittleness, and super fast repairs if you use it right (like contact cement).

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I flew 6 packs today on the Laser, and a fellow begged to buy my Extra Slick he offered me $100 and I actually passed. I just love it too much, it's kind of like old faithful and that fat fuse NE's so well.

As to the Welders, I am so glad I ran into FoamTac. No Yellowing, no brittleness, and super fast repairs if you use it right (like contact cement).

Where do you get the foam tac?

AKfreak

150cc
FoamTac is at hobby people. The people working there didn't know they carried it. I had to point it out to them.

It makes the best glue hinges I have ever seen. The trick it to use very little, coat both surfaces, press them together ten pull them apart and you will see spider web action. Leave it apart until its basically dry to the touch (3-5 mins depending on temp), press your joint together.

This stuff is amazing. Also the weight is minimal, because stuff has a mild solvent that burns into the foam and evaporates leaving the minimal weight of the bonding material. When you use CA, the weight is the weight. Not with FoamTac.

Also this stuff stays somewhat flexible, so it's perfect for EPP (ever had a Welders seam crack). Now with depron, less is more than enough, and the foam will get soft at the joint. The trick is to let it sit still and dry, the foam will harden right up.

Without FoamTac, working with foam to me is less than pleasant.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
FoamTac is at hobby people. The people working there didn't know they carried it. I had to point it out to them.

It makes the best glue hinges I have ever seen. The trick it to use very little, coat both surfaces, press them together ten pull them apart and you will see spider web action. Leave it apart until its basically dry to the touch (3-5 mins depending on temp), press your joint together.

This stuff is amazing. Also the weight is minimal, because stuff has a mild solvent that burns into the foam and evaporates leaving the minimal weight of the bonding material. When you use CA, the weight is the weight. Not with FoamTac.

Also this stuff stays somewhat flexible, so it's perfect for EPP (ever had a Welders seam crack). Now with depron, less is more than enough, and the foam will get soft at the joint. The trick is to let it sit still and dry, the foam will harden right up.

Without FoamTac, working with foam to me is less than pleasant.

I paid $16 with shipping from western Michigan hobby. Is that about right? Seemed high $10 for a bottle.
Sounds like a good addition to the adhesive shelf. Does anyone know if Michaels has it?

AKfreak

150cc
The only place I have seen it at a sote is Hobby People and it goes for $11.99 when on sale its $9.99. DW foamies has it, but the cheapest place I have seen it is from a place called Lazertoyz, it's $8.99 (shipping is $4.95) So I just pay the $11 at the hobby shop.