• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Crack Laser, with a few new build tips

SnowDog

Cody I just have to say thanks for such an amazingly detailed build log. This is great work and will benefit anyone who builds this plane. I especially like all the tips for "longevity" which are obviously a result of personal experience! ;) Those little mods are "gold". Thanks again for doing this.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Mine just showed up today! I've beat my O.G. crack, Diet crack, and crack baby mercilessly so I'm really looking forward to getting this one done too!

I cleaned out my shop and started mine. I am going to try that new BSI foam glue I got from 3DHS. I am doing a Motrolfly 2204-1700 and using some Futaba 3114s I had laying around on the tail. Otherwise stock from the stuff Twisted sells.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Got mine wrapped up this afternoon and overall pleased with the kit (as usual with the TH planes!) This build guide was a great resource in putting mine together and I loved the idea of the blenderim on edges of the live hinges as those are always the first things to go! I'm curious where your actual CG is because I would have had to hang the battery off the prop almost to balance at 200mm. I went with 215 like I had on my crack yak lite and am pleased with how it ended up.

It's spring here in the NW so I've got rain and 30mph gusts but I did sneak in a flight outside. Didn't get a real feel for it, but I did rip out a few packs hovering and harriering through the house!! Solid in both upright and inverted harriers and rolls either direction incredibly well. We'll see what the weather holds for tomorrow but so far this baby is another winner!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365916948457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365916948457.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 381
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365916958729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365916958729.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 363
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365916967264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365916967264.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 358
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365916976379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365916976379.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 344
B

Blucor Basher

Very nice build thread, Cody. I know how much work it is to do one of these.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Thanks Ben. Even though it's just a foamy the design, prototyping, and scheme was a ton of work. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat though.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Awww damn, just got my new esc in the mail! Finally gonna unleash the 3s mayhem as soon as I get home. Damn work life interfering with my hobbies and whatnot...

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I got a new, longer video together:

[video=youtube;3HLvLHUSrEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLvLHUSrEY[/video]

Enjoy!