• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Crack Laser, with a few new build tips

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Well, if I don't win the June Give Away contest, most likely I'll be purchasing a Crack Laser........this is one of those "got to have" planes.

teookie

70cc twin V2
So mines almost ready to go finally. I need to do the reinforcement tips from this thread, tidy up my wiring, and mount the battery somewhere. Can't wait.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Mine arrived yesterday, but I'm off to Bowling Green for the event today. Alas, I won't be able to build until next week. Still amazing how small the box is, compared to how much awesome is in there!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Following this thread for the build is a piece of cake!
Thanks Cody!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375544158.822510.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Build complete!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375589117.488595.jpg
Cody's awesome instructions made it very simple. I followed this thread step by step and had only one mistake: I didn't pay attention to the aileron servo arm's direction, and had mine backwards. Easy fix!

I opted not to install the landing gear at this time, maybe later if I'm not flying off grass all the time.

maxx4wd

50cc
IMG_4058.jpg

I finished the build - followed cody's suggestions and it was a very simple, straight, and easy build. Maidened the plane today - awesome flat foamie...best I've ever flown - had a few others (although none from TH) and they flew ok but this plane is awesome. It can even handle a decent breeze. I can't wait to really put the plane through some flights when its calm...great plane, and highly recommend to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
View attachment 12029

I finished the build - followed cody's suggestions and it was a very simple, straight, and easy build. Maidened the plane today - awesome flat foamie...best I've ever flown - had a few others (although none from TH) and they flew ok but this plane is awesome. It can even handle a decent breeze. I can't wait to really put the plane through some flights when its calm...great plane, and highly recommend to anyone.

Glad you like it! I think it's time for me to build a new one. Mine's getting pretty haggard right now..