• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Uh oh..watch out 3w and ZDZ

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Following this on FG. Right now extremely pricey for the EFI add on. Yet, when is anything RC related on the economical side? :D

Should make some of the standard prices drop over time. EFI has been around so long, I do wonder why the RC field has been so slow to adopt.
Probably for the very reasons of cost effectiness and practicality. People are becoming more complacent to price and there are those that just "must" keep up with the Jones! Lol. "Well dang, Tommy has one." "So does Johnny!" "Jimmy says his is on order." Guess I better get one too. (Fan boiy syndrome) lol

Thats what Im doing. FI has been happening in the UAV world for a few years. Manufacturing techniques and parts sourcing have become less expensive, which is why it can be feasable to trickle it down to hobbyists.

Tarzan`

New to GSN!
If you have the dead washingtons laying around, then go for it. Otherwise, sit back and let the other fools spend their $$$.

3W has HFE. Believe me, I looked into it, but you lose alot of power.

That's a bummer about the 3 dub man.

Our engine is making about 2% more power than the carb on EFI but the low end and mid range is stupid smooth.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That's a bummer about the 3 dub man.

Our engine is making about 2% more power than the carb on EFI but the low end and mid range is stupid smooth.
Is this 2% increase on a normal DA, or 2% across the board...including 3w classic. I would be incredibly impressed if it were 2% more than a 3w cs.

Tarzan`

New to GSN!
2% increase in a DA 120. We have no figures for any other engines since this is a totally new system. The one that was quoted about earlier is a BAE system that was before HFE. None of components from the system that ran on the 3W are the same as HFE system that we'rerunning now.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
3 flips, we gone. Hell my insurance company should pay for half of this, be cheaper than rowtater cuff surgery. rotator cuff for the grammer police.

Grammar*

:spongebob::laughing::p;)

Yes very impressive, I counted all of 45 seconds from the time the engine fired up to the time it was rolled on its back. No way I'd ever do that without running the engine up a couple of times first. :eek: