• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

UMX Sbach 3D BNF

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've been hearing some good buzz about this airplane lately. I heard that horizon did better with the AS3X gyro alogrithms, and that the gyro doesn't seem to fight 3D style inputs like in previous versions. Also, I understand that the motor prop combo on this airplane is much better than the original Sbach. Anyone out there have one, or have any info on that?

-G

Cmala

70cc twin V2
I've been hearing some good buzz about this airplane lately. I heard that horizon did better with the AS3X gyro alogrithms, and that the gyro doesn't seem to fight 3D style inputs like in previous versions. Also, I understand that the motor prop combo on this airplane is much better than the original Sbach. Anyone out there have one, or have any info on that?

-G

A local guy here has one. I've seen it fly but haven't paid much attention. I will see if I can find anything out.

wedoitall

a couple of my buddys are interested in this also. i was looking at getting one but went with the TH Edge instead. after looking at my "just about finished build", i know i made the right choice. not to say i wont get umx sbach later, especially if the as3x is better than my buddys beast. he does "fight" his beast but the thing is alil impressive with the way it handles the wind, for its size and all.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I recently recieved some first hand flight reports regarding this SBach, and the specific claim is that it is definitely unlike the Beast 3D. I had that airplane, and it was 1- not a 3D airplane, 2- the AS3X fought me on many manuevers.

-G

Cmala

70cc twin V2
I flew the same local guys beast with the gyros and was not impressed. Knife edge was even extremely difficult. Forget harrier or hover....for me. Maybe I can get my fingers on the sbach