• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Vertigo build, any interest in a build?

-Rick-

100cc
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to show you more about the hinge system, that part of this build on the tail feathers was part done. I will be able to show you much more when I do the wings, same system.

20201122_131610.jpg Edge trimming the sheets.

20201122_133208.jpg Taping together.

20201122_161058.jpg Glueing

20201122_125819.jpg More sanding when dry. Down to 1.00mm now.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Making sheeting is part of the process, with the sheeting that thin does not leave much room for sanding everything smooth. Looks good .

-Rick-

100cc
What's your plan for fitting the sheeting to the leading edges? Interesting building.

They tell you to wrap the leading edge of all with 1mm balsa, I have done it that way with everything so far. I have been soaking the balsa, taping it to the edges and letting it dry in position. Come back and glue on using the west epoxy system.

But.... I don't like the idea of only having 1mm stopping any dings so I might sand down the front of the rudder and elevator and glueing a 1/4 inch balsa stick to the front and shaping.

-Rick-

100cc
Making sheeting is part of the process, with the sheeting that thin does not leave much room for sanding everything smooth. Looks good .

True but it very easy when the sheeting is laying flat on my sheet of glass to get it prefect. There is a lot of sanding but I almost have the tail feathers ready to laminate to the foam now. That will be next for me and am a little worried about this! Wish me luck!!

-Rick-

100cc
Under 120 pounds. I know I screwed up but will have to see how bad when it drys! Very much a learning experience.

I have no idea why it puts double pics in!?!?
20201126_130059.jpg 20201126_130117.jpg 20201126_130059.jpg 20201126_130117.jpg 20201126_130136.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The reason I asked is I have been doing sheeting over foam for a while. Started with doing the weight method but just to difficult. So I built my self a vacuum system and it made my life a lot better and the results showed, and so much easier.

-Rick-

100cc
The reason I asked is I have been doing sheeting over foam for a while. Started with doing the weight method but just to difficult. So I built my self a vacuum system and it made my life a lot better and the results showed, and so much easier.
Yes Snoop, that would be the best way to go. But this is the first foam wing/plane I have done in 35 years. If I was to build more planes this way I would look into a vacuum system. I know I would get better results.

Plus I am 35 years older now and have had two major spine operations and really should not be carrying 60 pound patio stones around! But hey, I love the hobby so its worth it!! :adore: